X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I have added a HOW-TO to the rules thread, as well as other information and a format for all the details to include.

please make sure you include the designer name in the post itself, otherwise its not searchable.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• coro
      • Dec 2008

For Drkshdw stuff, can i use the rick thread?

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod
        you might want to state that you altered the length and added a button
        Originally posted by lowrey
        hmm good point, maybe I should let someone else upload this piece as mine has been altered
        Did the alterations change the piece that much that it became something else?

this is important because, a lot of times people alter garments slight for fit etc, and unless is a significant change in the actual design, i don't think it matters that much..................

the alternative is maybe to state that the garment was altered slightly
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• genevieveryoko
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by coro View Post
          yes, I was just going to ask the same thing - what about diffusion lines? I think they should have their own category, because with certain lines like Drkshdw and Tricot, there is so much stuff out there. I would also say Junya Watanabe Man should be its own category.

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone that made this happen and MBD for having the idea...I'm really looking forward to what is to come!
          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            Did the alterations change the piece that much that it became something else?

this is important because, a lot of times people alter garments slight for fit etc, and unless is a significant change in the actual design, i don't think it matters that much..................

the alternative is maybe to state that the garment was altered slightly
            4-5 inches off the bottom is dramatic imo
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              I don't know what was done to it.
              and i would agree with you that is dramatic,

im just saying it should be clearer cause I wouldn't wanna post something where just the sleeves have been shorten or the waist taken in for better fit an then that's disqualified because of that..........

Comment

• Lumina
                • Dec 2009

Thank you very much for this new section ! That's an amazing idea, and I love the idea of a collective achievement just for the purpose of sharing and learning.
                I'm sure this is gonna be an amazing ressource in no time.

I would be very glad to contribute when I'll have time and good light.

And of course it's not the point, but MBD is right and I'm sure we will be many to search yahoo and ebay like never after browsing the thread !

Once again, thanks for this forum !

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                  yea it was shortened quite a bit, so I will at least mention it.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

lack of ro photos making me sad, adding 10-15 tonight

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by coro View Post
                      Yes, all diffusion lines should go under the main designer. Specify that it's Drksdw and you should be good.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                        If I have very good quality pictures from auctions and e-stores, would it be acceptable to post them?
                        don't know if this is a good idea, but the mods can decide.
                        there was some discussion about watermarking the images with the SZ logo to prevent misuse by non SZ entities, so if there is usage of images from Elsewhere I dint know how this would work,

Comment

• miserableman
                          • Dec 2009

images in this area should be attachments only imo, otherwise you'll get threads full of broken images as people move on, delete their photobucket pics etc etc..

Comment

• jscl
                            • Jan 2010

thanks faust for the new section! the collection should really add to the site, learning wise.
                            JUST THE HITS

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                              I can quote the source. TFS steez, no watermark then OF COURSE

It would be a shame to miss some valuable information. I already have access to it, so I won't mind if there is no interest here.

edit:

If it's only an archive built from pieces owned at some point by the members I see some archives as a failure...Balenciaga, or Mcqueen for example.

If you want to see lots of rick, CCP, + , LUC and such. It's a good plan.
                              I certainly wouldn't want it be that, and it would be a shame because Ive had access to a a lot of interesting Garments that I've never owned.
                              Another thing I'd like to see is significant womenswear contributions to this project.............

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

no idea why there aren't more female members, certainly far more civilized here than the purse forum, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎