X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Siki Im FW11

Siki Im Fall / Winter 2011 from models.com on Vimeo.

music
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

music

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Enormous pictures available here:
        music

Comment

interesting and funny. not what i usually fall for, as i think the hats are pretty silly, but some cuts are really interesting and I also see a bunch of wearable pieces like the asymetric hem coat.

Comment

• empaulio
            • Mar 2009

I love the play on proportions

Comment

• cremaster
              • Jan 2010

What a strange presentation - but love it.
              It has a very kooky edge to it which appeals.
              I liked the humour but when seeing the video it reveals a more sombre tone.
              I know very little about Siki Im but I am impressed.

Comment

• Inxight
                • May 2008

My first impression is a wild western Kabbalist.
                I do appreciate the whimsy in the looks.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

after seeing the collection in person its pretty strange to see it presented this way, it seems very different than what the garments themself speak. it appeared pretty minimal and clean cut, whereas this makes it look a bit gimmicky.

the funny hats I really don't get, if anything they take away from the clothing.

also, I fixed it here but for future reference, could we please put pictures on separate rows so we don't have to scroll sideways?
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                    • Mar 2007

Also hating the hats. I am just going to pretend this stuff looked more like this:

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Nevermind the hats. They're just for styling whimsy, for Christ's sake..

I saw Siki's collection in person – as it hung in the Paris showroom – and this is where my opinions about the line were formed. Seeing these pieces, individually, as they hung on the bar, I can tell you that the tailoring is impeccable. Garments were just as beautiful turned inside out. Rich, top-grade fabrics certainly didn't hurt. That's the first thing I noticed.

The second, was how simple each piece was. Nothing fussy here, no gratuitous detailing. Instead, attention was placed on achieving a strong overall silhouette with each garment, which I think the designer accomplishes, beautifully. I tried on the vest and the blazer w/ the 'shark fin' back, as I call it – and both were perfection.

Some lines really need to be seen in person, on a piece-by-piece basis, to be fully appreciated. This, imo, is one of those lines. So put that in your hat and...
                      sain't

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                        Some lines really need to be seen in person, on a piece-by-piece basis, to be fully appreciated. This, imo, is one of those lines. So put that in your hat and...
                        I have read this in a lot of different threads, so shouldn't
                        we put it to rest once and for all: everything needs to be
                        seen in person to be fully appreciated. Some garments do spill there
                        secrets more visually, but hopefully, despite that, there should always
                        be more to be discovered in person.

But yes unfortunately, we don't have time for everything.
                        Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 02-16-2011, 06:41 PM.
                        Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

I couldn't agree more.

However, any time people get hung up on styling to the detriment of a line as a whole, I tend to toss that little reminder in.
                          sain't

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

Don't you just hate when you are in the middle of typing,
                            your internet crashes.

So I just want to say, yes reminders are good, if we can't get
                            past the styling, though it should be obvious, I actually didn't
                            mind the styling here, plenty of interest1.

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 02-16-2011, 08:40 PM.
                            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Agreed with Interest, I own a blazer and a couple tees and they are made and fit impeccably. The blazer is hand made by Martin Greenfield, really top notch. I also went to the "pop up" shop for F/W 10 and the stuff looked great (where did it all go when the shop closed, I demand a sample sale!).

This collection is really strong. I find his play with ethnic tropes clever and not too heavy handed and his presentations add a nice thematic/narrative element to each season, even if the styling detracts a bit from the garments. He's building and refining a strong vocabulary of pieces (the kimono trench, robe coat, hidden button blazer, asymmetrical hem topcoat etc.) and I'm excited to see how he continues to develop. From this collection, the boiled wool funnel neck bomber looks outstanding. I hope more stores pick him up, as project #9 and blackbird's selection have been woefully meager (blazers and pants). Gilt has actually offered more pieces from each collection than anywhere besides the pop up shop.
                              music

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎