X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronin
    Banned
    • Dec 2009

I think the silhouettes are extremely interesting. Subtle curves and slightly displaced hems and waistlines force to rethink the body. Some looks look quite feminine, but not through artificially gendered attributes, more in the way the clothes shape the body. I like that a lot. There also seems to be an interesting work on fastening systems, taking inspiration from non western conceptions of clothing, and the use of prints really is visually stimulating.

Comment

• copacetic
      • Nov 2010

Is this collection still manufactured all in the good 'ol U.S. of A.? Or is it just the Martin Greenfield jackets?

Ditto on the jackets...the canvasing is exquisite...haven't come across many other pieces like it.
      And "When the prince has gathered about him
      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• hommedeguerre
        • Jun 2009

My photos:

Le 21ème

Comment

• eat me
          • May 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
          <...>
          Some lines really need to be seen in person, on a piece-by-piece basis, to be fully appreciated. This, imo, is one of those lines. So put that in your hat and...
          This is not only stating the obvious, but also being quite ignorant. You seem to forget that the majority of people (customers included) don't have access to showrooms, and even the few that do don't have time for all of them, so they naturally form their opinion on the presentation given. And if it puts them off, it's not their fault, it's the fault of whoever is responsible for the styling/concept of the presentation, as it is an important part of presenting your collection to the rest of 99.9% of your client base that didn't get to see them in person in a showroom.

I wouldn't argue if you were saying that one should be able to see thorugh hats and styling, where I'd agree, but ridiculing these comments into irrelevance for not being able to attend a showroom and form their opinions after seeing the clothes in person is silly.

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

So then, what you are saying is that we should judge the merits of a collection - each & every piece – based on how it was accessorized for the runway? Aah. Yes, I see. And my viewpoint is ignorant?
            Way to take my words out of context. No, I'm not saying that.

As you've noticed, I'm not arguing with a lot of what you're saying. My point was that the comment you've made and I've highlighted came off as a very militant reaction to people saying the presentation looks wack.

And hey, I might even disagree with them, but nevertheless it is the only representation of the clothes that are available for them atm, and it's not even blogger pics, it's a lookbook approved by the designer. These clothes are going to appear in shops after quite some time, for now all we have is this, so I can't see why people should not be allowed to base their initial opinion on it.

Comment

• sorry
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
              Is this collection still manufactured all in the good 'ol U.S. of A.? Or is it just the Martin Greenfield jackets?

Ditto on the jackets...the canvasing is exquisite...haven't come across many other pieces like it.
              yes it says everything is made in usa even the knits and bags. the shoes are made in italia. not sure which brand in the states makes everything local..?

Comment

• HWith
                • May 2007

Does Siki Im have any stockist in Europe/online, and how are the prices?

Comment

• eat me
                  • May 2009

Layers in London stock Siki Im, currently in store only, but soon in the online shop as well. Prices are in line with the rest of the stuff.

Comment

• copacetic
                    • Nov 2010

I've only seen Siki Im on Gilt, of all places...and actually one other American boutique website. But it was sort of sad...Gilt was selling the blazers for $350 or so, while the boutique had them at retail...around $1800.
                    And "When the prince has gathered about him
                    "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• lmaozedong
                      • Jan 2010

the quality of the siki im clothing is extraordinary--i believe martin greenfield makes his tailored pieces. at gilt prices they're a ridiculous steal.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

a few studio shots from the collection, exclusive to scoute/stylezeitgeist:

few more here: http://scoute.org/blog/

I find these shots particularly interesting as this is more how I perceived the collection when seeing it in person (it was shown mostly in black and dark grey tones), as opposed to the official presentation.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

this is such a major change compared to SS.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2008

I definitely prefer this presentation. It's like chalk and cheese really. The materials look luscious in these photographs.

Comment

• kagitsune
                              • Nov 2010

Much prefer the rabbit hats to the exaggerated 10-gallons. Way to make the Great Plains look classy. :)
                              Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
                              From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

• cremaster
                                • Jan 2010

Thank you so much for posting Lowrey.
                                I love the way they can mix up the presentation aesthetics.
                                Making beautiful clothes but displaying them in an unorthodox, eccentric fashion I find very appealing. Keeps it on the edge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎