• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mumma
    • Oct 2008

ADAM KIMMEL FW11

LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
    Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
    www.loupeon.com
  • mumma
    • Oct 2008

www.loupeon.com

Comment

• mumma
      • Oct 2008

www.loupeon.com

Comment

• Inxight
        • May 2008

I feel a real soul breathes here in these garments, each one telling a story about the wearer. It reminds me a bit of N. Hollywood in a way. The only problem for me is that I'm from Pennsylvania, and used to seeing people dressed like this as the norm, so it's hard for me to see it as stylish. And again, I see another fashion onesie hiding beneath a jacket, but here I feel it fits in the theme of the show (based off of vintage wool hunting coveralls). I do really like the black and red patchwork pants.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

looks like the best collection from kimmel in awhile
          it is good for him to focus on a darker palette
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lmaozedong
            • Jan 2010

this collection is so fun, i feel kimmel is creating a cast of characters as well as a collection of clothing. as mentioned each look seems to breathe the soul of the wearer. the styling is superb. i like the darker color palette that kimmel uses here as well.

despite the fact that his clothing is far, far away from anything that i would ever wear (particularly in cut--i've tried xxxs in kimmel that felt like a tent, i know it's intentional), i always enjoy handling his clothing when i get a chance. the materials he uses are quite nice

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

What the fuck is this crap?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lmaozedong View Post
                despite the fact that his clothing is far, far away from anything that i would ever wear (particularly in cut--i've tried xxxs in kimmel that felt like a tent, i know it's intentional), i always enjoy handling his clothing when i get a chance. the materials he uses are quite nice
                Funny, I tried the showroom samples (sized M) and thought that, while the clothes definitely fit oversized, there was a certain charm in that Patti Smith kind of slouch-y way, due to the softness and lightness of the materials he is using. I should probably add to the fact that I usually wear 44 in Dior or XS in Rick Owens and sometimes still need to make alterations on those for the clothes to fit 'properly'.

I am by no means a particularly big fan of the presentation and the context he builds around his collections (and have always been rather doubtful of his style), but must admit that when I saw it in person that the collection definitely has separate, nice pieces that can be styled completely differently. I see this collection pretty much in line with Margiela Line 10 and Veronique Branquinho's menswear... just with a lot better attention to construction and fabrics.

Comment

• quiet noise
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

wow, never thought H&M would hire stocky middle aged men to show off their new collection.

Comment

hah, i thought the casting was awesome and the whole atmosphere of the garments makes alot of sense. Feels like a sociorealistic collection.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      hah, i thought the casting was awesome and the whole atmosphere of the garments makes alot of sense. Feels like a sociorealistic collection.
                      Thank you - I could not come up with the right words to describe the clothes at JC Penney - can I use this?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wedjat
                        • Jan 2011

very masculine and american

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Because that's what you see at JC Penney :-)

No doubt the quality is different, etc., but this is hardly fashion in my mind. It is no wonder no one cares about Kimmel in the US, while he does well outside of it. It's this washed up Americana that can only appeal to someone who lives outside of the US with some romantic notions about it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yes, it's probably very well made, etc. but if we are talking about fashion as presenting an aesthetic universe, this is quite weak. When I think about the designers I respect most - those designers are authors of their own work. Yohji is the prime example (and I am not using him to butter you up) - he is not just going and knocking off suits in August Sander photos. He may be inspired by them, but his creations are distinctly his own. And that to me is the crucial difference.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mumma
                              • Oct 2008

Faust, have you ever seen his stuff in real life? For me that was one of the biggest surprises in terms of the difference how clothes look on pics and in reality.

I've seen his stuff at Song in Vienna - besides Kimmel, they stock Paul Harnden and MMM and somehow it really creates an one line with those two. Especially I really see some aesthehic (not only) references to Margiela work (to Branquinho somehow as well - her Twin Peaks collection for example).

But I can understand that for someone from US maybe it's hard ;-)
                              Last edited by mumma; 02-15-2011, 10:00 AM.
                              www.loupeon.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎