• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Theyskens' Theory FW11 - New York

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Not bad at all, I must say.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Its not bad because there seems to be a lot more of his signature ideas in this.................
                  the Color palette, the Edwardian themes and those over the knee pointy toed boots are all reaching back to his earlier collections.........

this to me is almost signature Theyskens............
                  I dont want to speak too early but maybe its not a bad idea, if they can allow him to have free reign on the runway and then diffuse those ideas into a s showroom collection
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                    I dont want to speak too early but maybe its not a bad idea, if they can allow him to have free reign on the runway and then diffuse those ideas into a s showroom collection
                    We will see about this in March, but from what I've seen in the debut collection for this spring/summer, they didn't cancel a lot and if at all, those weren't necessarily commercially 'difficult' styles.

As I was mentioning before and as you already pointed out well, the collection clearly has that Olivier Theyskens' stamp all over it, even the more casual looks aren't such a far cry away from Olivier's outings for Nina Ricci, except for the fact that those pieces were way overpriced then for that look. I'm pleased to see the same richness in textures as in the demi couture clothes he made before (one of the capes was in fact silk/cupro jacquard embroidered with sequins made from pony skin and it cost almost 2500€ in the store... so not exactly cheap fashion but also neither completely out of the picture, as something like that would have cost double the amount at Rochas).

Comment

• ronin
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2009

I'm pleasantly surprised. I can't say I like everything but globally it looks stimulating and intelligent. Fabrics are very intriguing and I'm glad to find again those liquid and etheral looks I liked so much at Nina Ricci. Now of course I wonder what it will look like in stores.

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

the long coats. Not an easy thing would be to pull of for a lot of girls (height issues and all that), but stunning.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎