Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patchwork
    • Jan 2011

Not feeling this either... I'm really getting tired of Raf.

The dresses are seriously unflattering.

Comment

• david s
      • Jul 2010

There are tip offs to Balenciaga & Venet in this collection, but the structural stuff works better here than recent collections from Ghesquière.

For me the simplicity of the colors brings out the shape more, rather than the rampant ornamentation of Balenciaga's stuff. With that said it would be nice to see Raf take some more chances, at least that's the one thing with Ghesquière, he's always trying to push the design somewhere new, even if it is not always successful
      It's absolutely Hedious!
      shy poser

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

If she has any tears left, Jil will weep. This has moved so far from her vision and essence. And I think that matters.

Not a bad collection. Comme light, but is it going to be the final nail for the private equity backers?
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• slalom
          • Sep 2009

I like the higher rise pants, but I would prefer if they were a little looser, they're starting to look like leggings. Wish more women wore slim pants to the office

The sleeved cocoon dresses remind me of Hussein Chayalan or what Bruno pieters did for Hugo Boss.

Oversized billowy shapes are unflattering. They make these 90 lb eastern european girls look pregnant. Remember the missy elliot music video

Last edited by slalom; 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

i have to say it's good. cohesive, progressive, unexpected, extremely sophisticated.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

yea, especially the left picture in the post above yours. soooooo sophisticated, like a michelin man.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Zenith
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                yea, especially the left picture in the post above yours. soooooo sophisticated, like a michelin man.

Pretty much what Pumpfish said. Why is this stuff allowed to go under the JS name? It's baffling when the uniqlo pieces look more in line than the actual mainline.
                I do like the colours though, lush and vivid. Shame that it comes off as a flabby seizure of skittles
                Last edited by Zenith; 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• lmaozedong
                  • Jan 2010

Am I the only one who isn't feeling the colors at all? Not that I'm opposed to colors in general, but a lot of the colors that Raf uses in both the men's and the womens lines at Jil seem like they're #FF00000 html colors or something. I like the teals but the blues and reds are particularly offensive to me.

I like this, but it seems kind of like a Raf Simons spacewoman to me. I have a Raf knit that is almost identical in a different colorway.

Like Faust said, I enjoy the skinny silhouettes, but it's not anything particularly special for me.

Comment

• copacetic
                    • Nov 2010

I wish Raf the best of luck in selling these whoopie cushion dresses to the stone cold fashion biatches of Manhattan and Beverly Hills.
                    And "When the prince has gathered about him
                    "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

theres so much more to this than that staypuff dress tho , idk why im defendin it cos its not like im gonna buy any a this shit but still i like this collection . lovin most of the shapes and definately love the rich and lush colors .

especially like the cut of this

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎