• Jul 2008

Comment

• safeword123
          • Jul 2008

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

I really like this sort of thing.
            If i see a women/girl(my age) dressed like this with simpleness and consideration;
            colours, fabrics and proportions i find it extremely sexy.
            This is classic maybe more of a manish wardrobe than traditional, but in a modern way.
            Personally i love the beige cord suit with the high neck knit, I like the use of hats here; an accessory for a girl maybe on a man it looks to styled in this sense; i guess its more unexpected on a girl.
            I love the big skirts unpleated and pleated, even the simple white tunic/shirt is plain from the front with a back closing detail.

The colours are totally something i love/ i would wear or am i trying to wear more of. I dislike the belts over the coats, normally i hate belts been worn with out a purpose but here they are ok they add that little more and it is a womens collection

I had forgotten about Margaret for a while but i recently went into her london shop to buy some of her home products which are really beautiful and kinda fell in love with her stuff again, her linen twills and fabrics/tones are really nice. I felt reminded o walking into a margiela store without the silly details (and i love both) but with Margaret its just classic modern clothing done with a minimal touch. Personally for the price its great i could fill my wardrobe with her basics.

Also i loved her jewelry it was so delicate and simple but expensive, too expensive for what i was already spending

Comment

• diamonds
              • Dec 2006

this is so standard and boring

looks like it was just selected from the finest of vintage/thrift stores

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

^Hell-o Main St!
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                  this is so standard and boring
                  I think the back and forth in the Adam Kimmel thread could easily be applied here. There is a certain anonymous quality to Margaret Howell's clothes, but that's kind of the point. I'm not sure I consider it fashion. I'd probably sooner describe it as a certain timeless aesthetic executed to perfection. (Were it a less timeless aesthetic, it might even qualify as costume.) This can be compelling in and of itself; when you see someone in Margaret Howell, you look twice without quite knowing why. So while it might qualify as "standard," I don't find it boring at all.

At the same time I've never understood why she bothers with a runway show though, because the collection looks pretty much exactly the same every season.

Comment

"At the same time I've never understood why she bothers with a runway show though, because the collection looks pretty much exactly the same every season."

exactly my point. a show is about novelty and entertainment not just marketing. in an ideal industry labels like these wouldn't have to make fashion shows.

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

yes but wouldn't she face oblivion if she didn't do runway?

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

As I scrolled down I had three thoughts in this order:
                        1. this sort of stuff is so sexy
                        2. I love that corduroy suit look
                        3. snafs is my guru

Comment

• safeword123
                          • Jul 2008

i don't know why, but her stuff always brings so much inner peace for me. quiet, strong, confident and so incredibly sexy...

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                            • Sep 2009

all i can think is it just looks so boring. yes, these could be good if styled with other garments. yes, these make sense in the context of what droogist is saying. but still, it's no excuse to style everything with a belt around it and a hat (!!!)
                            Last edited by genevieveryoko; 03-02-2011, 11:08 PM.
                            http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎