X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doldrums
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Sentence him to eating falafels from Rue de Rosier three times a day for six months.
    Best falafel ever

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

A link to NYT listing that the John Galliano label is owned by LVMH, not that it couldn't be wrong. I'm surprised nothing has really been said about the future of his label.
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Cookie_Monster
        • Jan 2011

LVMH should rename John Galliano to John Gallianostein.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

WTF??
          Seriously. Out of line. No matter what substances involved.
          He's a fucking cock. Always had been.
          Now definitely is.
          Case closed.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

Siding with Wire and SR here.. I'm not as disturbed by Galliano's ostensible anti-semitism as I am by the power of media to absolutely ruin one man's life forever based on one YouTube video. Not to mention the immense sovereign power of an incensed consumer public... It does stand, of course, that you can piss off the wrong folks.
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
              Best falafel ever
              Lenny Kravitz approves

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

you're up johnny boy

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist

They are sacking him because of their clients, which have been properly excited by the media. That's the only reason.

George Bush, Tony Blair and Jose María Aznar are now overpaid consultants while they should be judged as PROPER CRIMINALS. John Galliano is just a guy with a questionable taste. He would be one of the first being whacked during that terrible times so it's a funny situation. I highly doubt he's an anti-Semite neither his comment.

I'm guilty myself of making very inappropriate comments, always in a private conversation, as JG did.

How the media and the public is acting is far more obnoxious and also hypocritical than any kind of insult involving "Hitler and you are and ugly and so is your bag" in the same phrase.
                  What? He did not just make an anti-semitic remark. Did you actually listen to what he said? It was far beyond an "inappropriate comment." That was vicious and he should be punished accordingly.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Such a comment goes completely against what his persona stands for. Beyond that, sometimes people say really stupid things that sound nothing like what they actually wanted to say... I don't think there's a need to treat people so harsh, because mistakes like that happen to everyone all the time.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

i asked my boss if we were taking him off our mailing list. she laughed..

so is that a yes or no? lol..

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

LVMH, owns a portion of his company,
                        I am certain it was originally 30%, that was awhile back though, so now it could be more.

it would be really hard to fire him from his own label though, cause what then, Do you rename the company?
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                          all that "punish him" going on it what's makes me sick. There will be blood I see, Funny Games style. May I rewind it?

But there are two facts: It is a private conversation and he's using some words as an hyperbole to sound as obnoxious as possible.

I did watched the video, otherwise my tongue would be resting in my ass by now.
                          So, what he says does not make you sick? Because it makes me sick. That maybe just hyperbole to you, but my imagination becomes quite active when I hear shit like that.

How can you claim to be so sensitive about his punishment and at the same time be so callous about the greatest tragedy of the last century?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Obviously what he said is not OK, but referencing Hitler just seems so ridiculous like he was just trying to say the most offensive thing possible. Not that it makes what he said OK, but I would be more disturbed if he fired someone for being Jewish. I'm not sure he should have lost his job over this and it's a bit sad as he was one of the last remaining great showmen in fashion. Who do we have left that makes fashion such a spectacle? But if there was a big consumer backlash, I suppose LVMH didn't have a choice.

Another thing that bothers me is the kind of scapegoating that takes place when it comes to issues of inequality/intolerance. The media is so quick to go on a witch hunt for a single person or incident and not look at the systems that create intolerance. It's a lot easier to just go "oh, he's just some crazy fuck" lock him up and feel good about ourselves.

Also the hypocrisy here is a bit disgusting. I'm sure LVMH has done vastly more harmful things behind closed doors (exploitation of labor anyone) than slinging some racial slurs in an annoyed drunken diva moment.
                            music

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

The media circus is irrelevant. He said what he said, and what he said was not only despicable but illegal. No two ways about it. There is a line not to be crossed, and he crossed it. It's one thing to call someone a "kike," and another thing to express a wish that all Jews were gassed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

P.S. Whoever finds a photo of Galliano dressed as a Hasidim gets bonus points for irony. It was after one of his women's shows about five-six years ago iirc.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎