Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Whatever you say man. If you can seriously look at the two jackets in question and conclude that they're not suspiciously similar then I guess you deserve AKA's answers. And I quite dislike CCP, and the design values it stands for..
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• asecretmaker
      • Apr 2011

bsr i know you love ccp and i do too and i have to admit both jackets look almost the same from the pics but i think before we say one rip off another one, we'd better handle both of them in person. there must be something we can't find from just 2 pics.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Love these heated debates.

ps - I just farted...cheque's in the mail Carol!
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

This topic always seems to arise, its like a never ending merry go round, where carol is the controller and diff designers jump on n off. The funniest thing I read was that A1923 copied the small metal vents on the side of the sneakers from Carol!

Either way, it is a never ending argument, with not too many valid arguments. But besides that, the pic of the OWL freaks me out!
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• marco-von
            • Feb 2009

just let all this blow over and people crying copy will be buying these jackets right up. It's typical SZ....moan then the consumer mode kicks in!

The augusta thread started similar with many members calling copy on his stuff, i bet most have a pair at least sitting underneath their homemade pipe clothes rails.

Comment

• hallucination
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
              it's the less knowledgeable ones that contest the copying accusation
              Enlighten us! Philosophical diagrams would help too.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                Ofcourse, but how rigorous can a process be, when you take something that has already been designed and add rusty hard wear?

I know what you are saying Faust, but it just annoys me that every time something pops up its a Carol rip etc etc etc.

I guess i get a bit annoyed with these comments amongst others
                . Some people, after flicking through a few threads they think they now it all and all of a sudden everything is a copy of Rick or Carol.

If people actually done a bit more research they would see where the originals or "inspiration" has come from.
                This constant thing of anatomical clothing...i mean clothes are supposed to fit the human body FFS! It may be absurd to say so, but if you want proper anatomical cutting and crazy patterns, you don't have to look any further than many big sports labels. (as usual i've gone on a tangent, apologies!)
                Oh, absolutely, I agree. But I don't think it's a stretch for us to see the difference between borrowing elements and going a bit far. Obviously, Carol has no patent on either the taped seams or the overlock stitching, and I find it hilarious that people point to someone using these elements as copying. But I think in this case the offense is pretty egregious. The only defence I can offer is that the hardware choices are pretty limited, as any designer knows. Take the infamous zippers, for example :-)
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gcetic
                  • Jan 2012

My first Incarnation jacket

As a newbie to the forum, I can only say that I absolutely love my double zip Incarnation jacket...but then again as I wear a lot of Chrome Hearts items, this particular jacket and its designer background ; appeal to me..

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Incarnation have updated their website with their 2012FW collection.

Impressive collection of leathers

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

shearlings are dope... much more well executed than some of their other designs

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

the horse leather fanny pack is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time, try to get all dark at the comic-con.

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

I love the footwear. Those clog-style boots are sick.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

my girlfriend has the 'fanny pack' / bumbag...

its a great piece, use it more than any of the m.a+ we own

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

That's some badass shit right there! The leathers are really beautiful. I want the shearling (I always want the shearling, lol).

By the way, one of my favorite women's pieces from the current season has been the cutaway leather vest with the neck zipper.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blacktulip
                                • Nov 2011

One of those shearlings has my name on it and I'm selling a chunk of my record collection over the summer to back up this claim.
                                "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎