X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Matthew Ames Women's FW11 - New York

So, anyone figure out how/where/if he actually showed? I'm expecting lovely stuff...

from http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/threadny/

Feb. 7, 2011

Matthew Ames Will Take "New Approach" to Presenting Clothes

Matthew Ames Last week, industry fave and previous Ecco Domani winner, Matthew Ames, announced he will not present his Fall 2011 collection at New York Fashion Week.

Though disappointing for Ames fans, the announcement was not so suprising coming from a brand that seems to relish its fringe indie status over conventional means of exposure -- including Lincoln Center.

The Brooklyn-based designer has a reputation for keeping a low profile on the fashion scene -- certainly part of what makes him so appealing to the stylists and editors he counts among his cult devotees -- so the intriguing hint that Ames "will introduce a new direction to the way he presents clothes" included at the end of the press release could mean interesting things to come (a 3-d video installation, perhaps, or a Tom Ford-esque intimate staging?).
  • gaborb
    • Jul 2009

Those pictures are from his F/W 10.11 collection I think.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

bunch of potato sacks.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by gaborb View Post
        Those pictures are from his F/W 10.11 collection I think.
        doh! you're absolutely right. i knew those quilted jackets looked familiar... so still no idea of what's going on with his presentation for fall, i guess.

ps. gnarjen, maybe delete images?

Comment

• gnarjen
          • Oct 2009

oh i knew it seemed to easy to have found the photos! never really heard of the guy but when the question was asked i figured i'd have a look around cause designers brought up around these parts are usually pretty sick. mixed up the dates. anyway, sorry about that!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎