X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Balenciaga Men's FW11 - Paris

i know this probably won't get much love here (except maybe from jogu?) but since the women's collection is posted and i'm all for gender equality... also i've always had a soft spot for balenciaga's quirky, preppy and structured tailoring.

• Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Comment

• edhohoho
      • Jan 2011

I like a lot of the jackets but the pants and the steel-capped shoes are not very flattering. The tailoring of the jackets is really nice.

Comment

• ES3K
        • Oct 2008

Well, I love Balenciaga, but this is too much of this schoolboy thing, I miss sharp suits. Steel cap shoes are horrible.

When I think of how innovative Balenciaga menswear used to be, they showed in FW07 what Balmain did 3 years later:

Or the sharp tailoring in FW09:

Comment

• Pumpfish
          • Sep 2010

Very hard to judge from just front shots. Can't really see the cut when jackets are left open. And cut tended to be what Balenciaga did best.
          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
            Well, I love Balenciaga, but this is too much of this schoolboy thing, I miss sharp suits. Steel cap shoes are horrible.

When I think of how innovative Balenciaga menswear used to be, they showed in FW07 what Balmain did 3 years later:
            yeah those two seasons are two beautiful collections. but balenciaga is really about the nitty gritty details, and those are just best appreciated in person, not from look books - i'm with mona on that (as discussed in the women's thread). for menswear ghesquière seems to enjoy alternating between quite preppy 'wearable' collections and some fucking extra-terrestial starship alien pod cocoon-shaped stuff and that mix is usually also in each collection somewhere. balenciaga mostly only shows a small selection of the menswear and there are usually really interesting 'show-pieces' in store that were never shown.
            Last edited by Shucks; 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• ES3K
              • Oct 2008

Interesting, I wasn't really aware of this pattern, but now when I think about it-- seems you're right. And I agree that Balenciaga is much more than the few lookbook pictures suggest.

Comment

• birdytg
                • Feb 2010

Agree with several things read here:
                - they are beautiful pieces in stores which are not shown on lookbook, and sometimes much more interesting
                - Balenciaga is great quality and fine details
                Meanwhile this collection is for me a lot under previous collections...
                like most other collections during fashion week...
                http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                http://www.birdytg.com
                www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• neonrider
                  • Jan 2008

i'm a ghesquiere fan, but +1 for this being a strange and less than compelling collection. the in-store pieces are likely to be nicer, but this feels poorly thought out and incoherent.
                  ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎