Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edhohoho
    • Jan 2011

Some very nice fabric pieces in this collection--I like the fitted look. Not a big fan of those oversized leather jackets/tops. Actually, I don't like Junya's version of the Perfecto jackets for men either, probably because of the fit.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
      I really don't care about the leather, the cuts and shapes are beautiful. It's a safe collection since it's really customer friendly, but the research on shape it's there.
      it's always there

and, as always, the hair is amazing. I just went in the bathroom and tried to fashion my hair that way for fun, but my hair's not quite long enough for the full effect.

even though he's my favorite designer, it never fails to amaze me how every season he manages to include the most WTF worthy element - last season it was the nautical print, this season it is the faux fur, particularly the spotted ones. does anyone on here like it? for what it is on the runway, i suppose i could say it is good in that strange-but-good junya sort of way, but still it is completely atrocious.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• nqth
        • Sep 2006

Yes as Johnny said it is a safe, I'd add an easy-to-buy collection. No surprises. Nothing to think about :)

That's said, I really like the oversize jkts, leather jkt-become-dresses with zip in front. How cool that he seems to drap an asymetrical fur collar over a loose dress and it looks Junya.

Faust, I like that biker jkt collection, esp. the jkts and trench coats in boiled wool.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          This is quite a safe, almost classical collection from Junya. I'm a bit surprised it's so popular, but I suppose it's the black and biker jackets etc.
          Originally posted by nqth View Post
          Yes as Johnny said it is a safe, I'd add an easy-to-buy collection. No surprises. Nothing to think about :)
          I had the exact same reaction....From the photos I might even say that this appears to be Junya's most commercial collection to date.
          But unlike Johnny, I'm not in the least surprised it's so popular here...quite hard to make something mostly black, often sculptural, sometimes drapey, and largely based on biker jackets that would be disparaged on sz.

that said, from the point of view of my wardrobe, I find the combination of french chic with punk highly appealing. I feel like Junya's highly tailored collections are often plagued by a sort of constrictive fussiness, but the cinched silhouettes look great here...certainly much more successful than the army fatigue version this past autumn. rider, i will look forward to trying this all on....

***thank you to johnny for extra details about the show...
          Last edited by laika; 03-06-2011, 08:32 AM.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Ochre
            • Sep 2009

The show was played to a recital of Ophelia by Rimbaud (in French) and some strange minimalistic music. It was quite bleak. No reprise at the end where all the models come back on together; it just stopped when the poem stopped.
            This sounds awesome. If anyone finds a video of the show with original audio, please post it!!

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

game over, pm sent. long live the king.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BUMMER
                • Feb 2010

Between this, CDG, Ann and Rick it's REALLY hard to pick a favorite.

Every motorcycle jacket variation is perfect. (They also make a pretty strong case against those who "borrow" their leather jacket ideas too directly from others.) Love the details: capes, dropped shoulders, 3/4 sleeves, the bell sleeves.. Then the wool/silk(?) fabric mixed with leather cuffs/details blow minds. Then the leather overcoats... All this mixed with the hair: Jesus Christ Almighty I died and went to heaven..

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

This is the first collection from Watanabe that I've found really appealing since A/W 2008. Well done Junya.
                  Originally posted by nqth View Post
                  I don't know about that. The fact that there's not a mermaid skirt or bias cut in sight certainly surprises - and gratifies - me. :)

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                    • Jan 2008

^that grey draped knit jersey collection was moving.
                    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• droogist
                      • Sep 2006

^ Yeah it was. This is better though.

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

looks like the girls of sz are going to make a pilgrimage to Comme next fall, its going to be a "Religulous" experience i'm sure. a leather jacket, a grey dress, a wool shawl, an accordion skirt and some jodhpur boots...to start with...

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                          ^ Yeah it was. This is better though.
                          No no no no. You can keep the square leathers to yourself,
                          I'll take a bit of draped jersey falling from the Capezzoli di Venere.

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM.
                          Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

i dont see anything square about this but a softness actually. no?

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

slightly ot, but which one of the sz girls was looking for the current season junya beige jacket with the pleated back? they have it in the cdg store in paris. not cheap though...about euro1400 i think

Comment

• droogist
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                                No no no no. You can keep the square leathers to yourself,
                                I'll take a bit of draped jersey falling from the Capezzoli di Venere.
                                Suit yourself. I think tailored Junya trumps drapey Junya every time.
                                slightly ot, but which one of the sz girls was looking for the current season junya beige jacket with the pleated back? they have it in the cdg store in paris. not cheap though...about euro1400 i think
                                Lumina
                                Last edited by droogist; 03-08-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎