Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edhohoho
    • Jan 2011

Yikes! Not feeling this collection. Does everything have to be chimeric? Every piece is a combination of at least 3 or 4 different types of clothing...the collection represents different permutations of the same items.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
      This is "best-of" in a negative sense for me. I was really bored with this collection. I'm used to be surprised with Comme des Garcons. Now I'm surprised I was not surprised. I can't see anything taking fashion forward here, I can only see various old elements from previous collections. A little bit disappointing. For once, I thought this season's menswear collection was more interesting than the women's.
      I was actually thinking this is a sort of "worst-of" collection presented in a beautiful way - the ruffles, the wool jackets w/ balls, the 60's prints, the black brocade. There's something very appealing about the ties and the sheer elements, but there's little in the way of garments that I'd actually wear besides maybe the 9th jacket, the black minidress, and a pair of shorts. I do love the hair though.
      Last edited by genevieveryoko; 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• thehouseofdis
        • Jan 2010

While not my favorite Comme des Garçons collection, I feel this is pure Rei Kawakubo. It's like "exquisite corpse" for clothing. A beautiful chaos. Rei is one of the few designers that can take such gaudy prints and fabrics and elevate them to such a level.
        THE HOUSE OF DIS
        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• cremaster
          • Jan 2010

Rei is back on form. Life is good.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢