X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Hermes Women's Fall 2010 RTW

based on recent news i decided to throw this up. i personally love it. jpg at his most classically sexy. restrained and beautiful.

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

^^look at those boots!

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

Comment

• surver
              • Oct 2007

to me, nothing beats MMM for hermes - even to the point that surpasses his own namesake label; those collections really embodied 'essence', 'timelessness', 'classic', 'luxury'...

comparatively, jpg seems so much more superficial, 'thin', 'less'...

although i do agree that aw10 was one of his better collections... but then, when you render EVERYTHING in black (especially very expensive [black] materials), it's hard to go wrong. monolithic black by default renders anything 'kool'.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

i liked SS11 better but in this one (as in that one) i like how he hits all the classic hermes notes (tailoring, materials, leather, scarves, bags) but still toys with that kinky leather femdom thing without going over the top.

for example hermes is proud of their skins, especially the alligator. so he needs to bring that to the collection. how about a giant center cut all the way down the front of a floor length evening gown. and i love how he emphasizes a woman's legs. i'm a leg guy so ...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I don't see how this is restrained. Not particularly elegant either - there is enough kink here to make Helmut Lang squirm. At least I know what high-end Parisian lesbians will be wearing next winter.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

its restrained for gaultier. not the average human. also this is an old collection the new one is not jpg it is Christophe Lemaire and it is totally different. more volume, more asian looking to me. pretty cool though.

to me it is treading the water between elegant and overly sexified. yes it has kink in it but it also has old school tailoring, fairly traditional skirts and dresses, and even womens suiting. to me it is sexy without being trashy. i think your reaction to it may have a lot to do with the styling. very few of the pieces are overtly revealing or suggestive.
                    Last edited by cjbreed; 03-07-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• david s
                      • Jul 2010

So I came back to look at this after reviewing the Vuitton show. Since Vuitton and Hermès always pop to my mind when I think "grand old french leather"...anyway I digress.

This collection has verve, a nice sleek silhouette and does not send every single model down the runway with a bag. More importantly these clothes make the women in them look good.
                      It's absolutely Hedious!
                      shy poser

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by david s View Post
                        So I came back to look at this after reviewing the Vuitton show. Since Vuitton and Hermès always pop to my mind when I think "grand old french leather"...anyway I digress.

This collection has verve, a nice sleek silhouette and does not send every single model down the runway with a bag. More importantly these clothes make the women in them look good.
                        no kidding dude. i came back here after looking at the new CdG womens FW collection (and its resounding praise) and call me old fashioned but i still like it when a woman looks "pretty"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎