• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoniF
    • May 2009

Alexander McQueen Women's FW11 - Paris

• JoniF
    • May 2009

Last edited by lowrey; 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM. Reason: WHY IS PRESSING ENTER SO DIFFICULT

Comment

• JoniF
      • May 2009

Comment

• JoniF
        • May 2009

Comment

• JoniF
          • May 2009

And some detail shots:

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

sarah burton did an excellent job for the house of mcqueen. i am really enjoying the gowns + accessories.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

When I look at individual pieces I think they're pretty awesome, and the close-up photos do show that. But I think they don't sum up nicely, as McQueen's collections were always very thematically explicit and I can't see it this time.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• edhohoho
                • Jan 2011

The collection looks really good. The details are very nice, the shoes are crazy cool. It actually looks fairly cohesive to me.

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

She's done a good job considering she's filling the shoes of one of the greats. It lacks McQueen's special touch, but it's not fair to Burton to make that comparison. Overall, i find it elegant with a bit of an edge to it. Those last three gowns are gorgeous. She's also kept the shoes eye-catching, which is in keeping with recent collections. I must ask though, is this collection meant to say "fuck you, PETA"?
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                    • Jan 2010

It looks very well tailored and the fabrics look nice, but overall nothing strikes me as being particularly inspired or memorable. I do like some of the head pieces and the printed mock-neck bodice dress in the detail shot.

As an aside, I know fashion designers are not known for really dressing up themselves or wearing their own designs but really, couldn't Sarah do better than that?
                    THE HOUSE OF DIS
                    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                      She's done a good job considering she's filling the shoes of one of the greats. It lacks McQueen's special touch, but it's not fair to Burton to make that comparison. Overall, i find it elegant with a bit of an edge to it. Those last three gowns are gorgeous. She's also kept the shoes eye-catching, which is in keeping with recent collections. I must ask though, is this collection meant to say "fuck you, PETA"?
                      Actually, I think it's wonderful, and the only McQueen touch missing is the theatrics of the show. His shows were spectacles - this is just another runway show with great clothes. But the clothes are beautiful, so, hey.

I am sorry to say this, but what the fuck is she wearing? :( I don't want to open up another why-do-designers-look-like-shit thread, but seriously...
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

I think this is lovely; probably prefer it without the theatrics of the presentation. Having said that there was a tv prog on about McQueen in the UK a couple of weeks agao, and it was very interesting. Some of the shows he didn't were really quite remarkable.

Comment

i miss the fluidity and the sharpness. i miss the subversive and the menacing. :(

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                            i miss the fluidity and the sharpness. i miss the subversive and the menacing. :(
                            i actually agree with this. it's all gorgeous and architectural and baroque / elizabethan - but there's a be a bit of anger missing. even the harder looks seem rather calculated, with BDSM references that could have been less literal:

but holy crap - soo much work must have gone into the production of all this. it's like couture. and that porcelain-dress is wow.

and this:

Last edited by Shucks; 03-10-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                              I think she's happy and fairly contented in life, proud of her collection and her achievements. When you have all that, I think you often care less about personal appearance. I don't think people who share my perspective are the majority here, but I imagine there are some who also have bought clothes to serve as the poem they had the aspirations, but not the ability, to write.
                              Anyway, I second all the praise the collection has gotten, though maybe the intended audience for these items is royalty.
                              What does happiness have to do with it? She DESIGNS fashion - why wear stuff from walmart?
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎