X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inxight
    • May 2008

James Long F/W 2011-2012 London

On first reaction my impression is: if Lucas Ossendrijver were to design a mens collection for Chanel.

• david s
    • Jul 2010

I'm getting more of a Rodarte vibe with some of the knits, not my taste. The other knits are pretty nice though.

Pants ... a wtf.?

They seem like an after thought to the presentation, veering between really ugly or just boring
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

The only pants I didn't like were the snakeskin ones. It feels a little reactionary; many of these concepts were explored by other designers before him, and usually with a sharper execution.

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

I think the large pictures make them look more vulgar than they might be.

Comment

• Inxight
          • May 2008

His interest and creativity appears to be all in the knits, leaving the pants very lacking (I only like the tiedyed pair myself). There seems to be a major opportunity for him to explore his ideas in the pants, as he did the knits, that he didn't take on. I don't think it would have been that hard to translate these ideas over to the pants either, which makes it all the more underwhelming. Then again maybe he wanted a clean base, like a pedestal, to show the knits upon, I don't know. In the end for me I'm only liking the tiedyed pieces (the shirts mostly), and the plaid jacket. I'm not a fan of tweed at all, especially in such colours, so the rest of the outerwear is a fail for me.

Comment

• quiet noise
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

i never thought i would say this, but i like it. there is something seducing about those heavy knits and i even like most of the pants.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

The tweed biker jacket is really cute.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎