• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

cette sensation s'appelle coke
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Nothing is a quality but a fantasy
      This can go on for two pages....

I obviously like designers for a certain world I associate with them so I'm not like "Ro doesn't have good stitching!". However quality does matter and sometimes becomes part of the fantasy universe I associate w. a garment; I recently received a Geoffrey B Small linen duck (that's a fabric) trench that was slowly weaved and has some great irregularities and simple but perfect construction and it does enhance the way I think about it.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        cette sensation s'appelle coke
        J'ai le goût de la win! (la France devrait être submergée par les eaux pour cette campagne pute-pubardienne par excellence)
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• neonrider
          • Jan 2008

I think what's interesting in this (admittedly junk) thread is that a "leather jacket" seems to have become a kind of cipher for (as above) quality/fantasy/etc. Ironic comments, but perhaps telling.
          ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            This can go on for two pages....

I obviously like designers for a certain world I associate with them so I'm not like "Ro doesn't have good stitching!". However quality does matter and sometimes becomes part of the fantasy universe I associate w. a garment; I recently received a Geoffrey B Small linen duck (that's a fabric) trench that was slowly weaved and has some great irregularities and simple but perfect construction and it does enhance the way I think about it.
            Obviously, I do as well. Otherwise I'd be wearing Hermes leather. This thread is trite.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• copacetic
              • Nov 2010

there is no objective "best" leather. all quality and all beauty is subjective.

i own a piece of shit-stained lamb taint leather and i love it, so that proves that "best" does not exist.

QED
              And "When the prince has gathered about him
              "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

if you read the original post, neither of the two questions posed ask to discuss "best" leather

Originally posted by HWith View Post

What are people's opinion on Rick Owens versus Julius leathers?

Also, what are your thoughts on the leathers used, craftmanship, pricing etc.?
                if the discussion were in fact regarding what qualities to look for in any designer's leather jacket, i would disagree that level of affection trumps all other qualities

Comment

• copacetic
                  • Nov 2010

Disagree. Should I refer you to the title of the thread? "Versus" is unambiguous.
                  And "When the prince has gathered about him
                  "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• gohn
                    • Mar 2009

I have both jackets. I do agree R.O has better marterials such as calf leather and it does feel better than lambskin which is widely used by Julius. But there are no remarkable difference in quality, except the zipper. Compare to RY (used by RO), I dont like YKK (used by JULIUS and CPP). I have no meaning to start zipper arguement again, but RO's "calf leather + RY zipper", does give me better feeling than JULIUS. I said "feeling" because I cannot tell the difference in quality.

Regarding to aesthetics, some of my friends have no any idea about Rick Owens and Julius, but they prefer my Julius jacket. Without subjective opinion, I believe the people are not idolatrous who give me a fair idea which one looks better (you may argue that I got a stupid RO jacket and a good JULIUS, which is not comparable, whatever)

The pricing, JULIUS is comparativly cheaper. "Comparativly" means the Japanese income vs. Italian income. ( I dont know R.O should be an American brand, or italian). But R.O has 70% in leather jacket sometimes, and I never seen it ever happens in Julius leather.

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

i barely fit into a late model julius 3 but compared to rick, julius lining is not as nice as rick's. julius zippers suck ass compared to rick's ri's. rick has tons of comfy deep pockets and 2 internal pockets which is great for carrying my huge wallet the size of a woman's clutch..

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

agree that the lining on rick leather is nicer, it does retain the heat a lot more though which is less than ideal on the summer pieces.

prefer the 2-way zipper Japanese YKKs personally, particularly on the tighter jacket styles. raccagni aren't exactly the smoothest zippers in the world..

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

and ethics-wise, which zippers are the best?
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

it depends if they are from post-consumer recycled metal..

Comment

• dmash1080
                              • Mar 2011

Guy wants to sell me his AW09 Calf Mollino (like new, worn twice) for $1900. Are these things THAT hard to find? That seems crazy high for an over 1 year old Rick leather.........it IS calfskin and considered one of his best though. Is that price justifiable?

Comment

• asecretmaker
                                • Apr 2011

i would go for rick ownes leather. cause it looks better on me and i do love the leather rick owens used.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎