Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Well, now we're at it, what about Obscur's offerings? I know they're pretty popular in here, so people must have some experience with them by now. I'm not much into the style, but what about the quality compared to RO and Julius, and how are the prices?

Comment

• homi
      • Nov 2007

how do you guys feel about other designer leathers? I like the classic 5 zip margiela, and some damir doma leathers.
      THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
      Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Ann's lamb leathers are my personal favorite. The leather is out of this world and the construction is excellent. They smell pretty awesome too.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• gavagai
          • May 2010

This is tough subject. I'm so picky and frankly not ballin' enough to just go out and purchase many leathers but i've looked at a ton of RO and quite a few of the Julius jackets. This just seems a matter of opinion. Both are clearly made well and both use quality materials. Just because they are black and (some) have zippers doesn't make them similar. I mean, Ralph Lauren makes black leather moto jackets...

For me personally, the Julius jackets are a bit too stylized for the way I like to dress. RO feels more toned down to me.

Honestly if you are going to do a throwdown why not go for the gusto? CCP vs the world? Who does it better? Craftmanship, quality of material, design, etc. Overlook the possible fit problems and you are in leather nirvana

Seriously people, lets get some pictures up to liven the debate. I'm still trying to find the perfect leather and i'm open to all thoughts.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

Personally even if I had $5k-$8k to spend on a jacket I wouldn't be buying that, that's just me though..and that's just now. Things are always changing but never really liked any ccp stuff, none of it.
            I think Rick makes at least one classic every year, Julius not so much lately and the backs of all of them are basically the same up until last year and now all of these backs are the same. But then again the Rick's all have absurd long arms which looks amazing when hung up but not so rad if you don't have Iverson/Pippen arms. Really get one of each so you have something to fall back on depending on the situation.

Comment

• diorowen
              • Aug 2010

you'd need to feel the ccp leather to personally fell in love with it :p.
              personally, I am not into CCp either (except the groil sneakers, and derbies), in term of design.
              maybe its a matter of age as well, when you get older, you'd love to simplified your style.
              still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

I can't believe this thread got to page 2.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

well it is not worst than the ethics thread

funny topic though, since i remember i was quite surprised that the grey leather used on the SS11 Julius asymmetrical jacket felt exactly the same as the grey hammered lamb from RO (used for crust).
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    I can't believe this thread got to page 2.
                    seriously. reminded me of the cathy horyn's blog. every time it's a serious post, there are 10-20 comments. every time there is a celebrity post there are 100 comments. lowest common denominator shit.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• plasmoplas
                      • Sep 2010

why leather? the fit

RO and Julius have different cuts. in some ways, you need to start there in making a comparison.

a leather jacket/anything is supposed to fit your body like a glove, meaning it's supposed to fit just-so such that over time it becomes a second skin.

sure you can find wear something leather that's oversized, undersized, drapey, etc. and try to pull it off, but IMHO the second skin is what it's about when it comes to that material, and i'd recommend finding what works for you rather than forcing it.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                        Isn't Julius a mid-market label in terms of its price bracket? Even though the cost might be similar in the West, comparing Rick and Julius on build quality seems a bit like comparing APC to Ermenegildo Zegna.
                        Duuuudes. I wear RO and not Julius leathers but construction and grade of leather (thickness, unblemished hides etc) is significantly better on Julius. BTW CCP isn't like amazing quality either, its just very pricey and a design+treatments that many here find appealing.

If you guys don't know a specific topic can you please stop spreading misinformation? I've had to read about the amazing quality of Paul Harnden (clothes are shoddily constructed and fabrics are well chosen but inexpensive) or people dissing Ann Leather (which are usually much higher quality than RO, CCP or Julius, well used to be at least).
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          Duuuudes. I wear RO and not Julius leathers but construction and grade of leather (thickness, unblemished hides etc) is significantly better on Julius. BTW CCP isn't like amazing quality either, its just very pricey and a design+treatments that many here find appealing.

If you guys don't know a specific topic can you please stop spreading misinformation? I've had to read about the amazing quality of Paul Harnden (clothes are shoddily constructed and fabrics are well chosen but inexpensive) or people dissing Ann Leather (which are usually much higher quality than RO, CCP or Julius, well used to be at least).
                          quality is nothing but a fantasy
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            quality is nothing but a fantasy
                            Fantasy is nothing but a quality
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              Fantasy is nothing but a quality
                              Nothing is a quality but a fantasy
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

image is nothing obey your thirst

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢