X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBSCCP
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
    Going to be in Beijing for the next week. What should i see/do/eat if I have any free time?
    quan ju de beijing duck is a must!

Comment

• guidier
      • Apr 2012

people mountain people sea.

Comment

• widmerpool
        • Nov 2010

If you are in the hutongs north of the Forbidden City, I was in Beijing a couple of weeks ago and had great meals at 4 places on Jiu Gou Lu. One was called TH Barbecue, I can't remember the others but my favorite has ceramic slabs in the middle of the tables. I've never had a meal at an expensive place in China that wasn't a disappointment. My usual policy is to go anywhere that is crowded and looks like it might have reasonable toilet facilities.
        http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• diorowen
          • Aug 2010

Going to be in Beijing for the next week. What should i see/do/eat if I have any free time?
          anchoret beijing !
          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Donghuamen Street Food Market - opens at night and has random things like satay skewers, dumplings, noodles, scorpions, snakes. Located quite central near Wangfujing: here

Art District - old warehouse area that was transformed into a place where artists can display their art, both on the street and in galleries. Great to taking a stroll around, as the area is quite large and full random of displays: here

Great Wall of China - can take a day trip to one of the walls, pretty cheap and definitely worth the trip.

Comment

• brad1981
              • Dec 2008

add some, in protection of your favorite outfits, a comfort and casual look is strongly recommended especially when you go to the food market

Comment

• t-bone
                • Dec 2009

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm a pretty adventurous eater so I'll definitely venture out to check any night markets I can, bowels be damned.

Comment

• widmerpool
                  • Nov 2010

I don't know what Copacetic ate, but I'd steer clear of anything that isn't cooked. The cooked stuff is mostly piping hot and freshly made and you should be OK. I've never had any trouble anyway, and I'm willing to try almost anything. Just try anything that looks popular, there's a lot of great food around.
                  http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• sinbad
                    • Dec 2009

I also felt horrible when I go into a public toilet in Guangzhou.

Damn it! it!s very dirty.
                    ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎