Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Machine washing and drying a leather jacket.

Lots of great info here.

Have the Julius FW10 cowl neck leather - which as much as I love, is just too big for me (sz1).

Was planning to sell it until I came across this thread. Would anyone have an idea if this process would would work for this jacket? Seems like Lamb in particular tends to work well, but yet isn't recommended for Julius jackets.

Would really love to get this jacket fitting like it does on the model above.
    Any advice is appreciated!

^ one of my favourite designs from their back catalogue too (and also sadly too large for me) but I would warn against washing heavily processed leather as the leather has already been washed and distressed.

Is it possible to shrink only a part of a leather jacket, specifically the arms? My stooges fits me well on the torso, but the arms seems to be wide.

Quote Originally Posted by dduyyy View Post
    Is it possible to shrink only a part of a leather jacket, specifically the arms? My stooges fits me well on the torso, but the arms seems to be wide.
    You could try to hang one arm at a time in a bucket of hot water.
    But IŽd suggest to just have a tailor take them in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    You could try to hang one arm at a time in a bucket of hot water.
    But IŽd suggest to just have a tailor take them in a bit.
    Exactly what I would do if I want to shrink the arms. But what Im wondering here is if I try to shrink one part of the jacket, does that harm other parts of the jacket?
    Im still in the search for a good tailor here, not gonna give my expensive leather piece to the hand of the unskilled one. If I cant find one, i will try with hot water.

Dunking it in hot water is not gonna shrink the arms enough
    Take it to a tailor

did this to an intarsia about six years ago because the smoothness of the leather wasn't growing on me. threw it in a washer and then ran it through a dryer.

still have it after all these years.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but was curious to know if anyone's tried washing an oiled calf Rick yet?