X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiraKira
    • Sep 2009

The Soloist by Takahiro Miyashita SS11

Hers a small sample of the soloist ss11 collection, hopefully there’s at least a few people that’s as obsessed with Miyashitas works as I am that will find this interesting.

Personally I have to say that I’m still no entirely convinced about the direction in which he is taking the label. I would have much preferred if he was a little bolder with the colors he’s using (everything is sort of muted) and that he would have gone for more of a fairytale esc esthetic like he did with N(N)aw09.

There’s still a lot of nice pieces though, the accessories like the bracelets and the hats I have to admit is quite amazing.

Last edited by KiraKira; 05-14-2011, 01:04 PM.
  • KiraKira
    • Sep 2009

Comment

• KiraKira
      • Sep 2009

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ He loves America, so it makes sense.

Some of it is pretty cool once you disassemble it and take a black marker to those checks. The craftsmanship is amazing I must say.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          /\ He loves America, so it makes sense.

Some of it is pretty cool once you disassemble it and take a black marker to those checks. The craftsmanship is amazing I must say.
          Seconded.

The final product aside, the amount of work each piece requires is incredible. Last time I was at IF, Scott and I went over a number of the pieces in great detail and it was mindblowing what needed to be done to execute each garment correctly. For some panels, there are two to three layers sewn together prior to assembly sort of in a deconstructed/raw edged Throup sort of way, while in other parts, 1-2 layers were sewn together and then the top layer was oversewn to cross existing seams as well. Through all of this, there is still nods and hints of tailoring.

The patternmaker must have had multiple aneurysms putting these patterns together and resizing them.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lmaozedong
            • Jan 2010

I love the shapes and the cut of everything, but a lot of the patterns and the hickory-striped everything make it all too busy for me. I know that's a big part of what gives off the Americana vibe that he's going for, but I feel this would be a hit here if he just used the SZ standard blacks, greys, charcoals etc. instead...

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

^I need to go check these pieces out in person. Everything looks fantastic. And if the construction is anything like Number (Nine) then I'm sold. Love all of the jackets (Even in the light/muted tones), the glasses are great as well, but I don't like any of the shoes. Especially with that embossed-lizard-clog thing going on.
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

ahh ya i dont know about this one . i liked fw10 alot and the campaign images for it were beautiful but this collection is kinda not that great . maybe its the styling here who knows but it just looks kinda messy and sorta bad :( . all of those tops seem like it would be kinda hard to match with non takahiro stuff . the trousers i could maybeeee see wearin with other stuff though . but like most of his clothes im sure the individual pieces are very nice albeit with a lil too much of that torn apart detailing

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                  • Jan 2008

Despite the craftsmanship, it seems fussy and excessive in details,
                  which takes away from some great silhouettes, shapes and lines.
                  Not a good combination ...
                  Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                  Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

I love it...stripes and checks and all. I haven't been following the story at all, but I don't really understand why NN was shut down and this line started...they don't seem at all different from each other. Either way, I'm a fan thus far.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• skinfade
                      • Jul 2010

The Soloist is a sequel of the fall 2009 collection from Number (n)ine. I'm happy to see that Mr. Miyashita finally finds his direction. Early years, N(n) was heavily influenced from his favorite music. Now The Soloist is focusing on tailoring, textures and materials.

Comment

• H-R
                        • May 2007

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see much progression from the last N(N) collection (FW09/10 Closed Feeling) to this collection...

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

Taka makes sick vests, followed by nice jackets and cropped pants!

His detailed vests are pretty much my favorite vests of all time.

Comment

• Atom
                            • Sep 2009

I tried some of this new season stuff at Factory in Kyoto. The main problem was that everything was available only in XS and S. So nothing for me, unfortunately.

The most of the stuff was pretty nice though, full of details without being too busy. I especially liked a western shirt re-made from old shirts, and some simpler long sleeve t-shirts. And like often with Miyashita, some of the stuff was way too busy for me. He doesn't always keep on a safe side of the fence.

EDIT: Oh, and those leather rose bracelets had suprisingly cheap feel to them, as everything else was really well made.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

Even knowing someone that works for Taka, this stuff has been incredibly hard to find. Anyone know of an place to guy Soloist stuff in the US? Thx

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎