• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by jogu View Post
    lol lemme buy that lil bag from you if u still own it
    Mine was a bit different but not much.

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
      This looks like Raf pulling the ripcord on the exit clause in his contract.

Originally posted by WWD
      But give Simons credit for pushing the creative envelope in Milan. Sander’s owners do: Word has it they just renewed his contract.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ hahahahahaha. that's pretty awesome.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pumpfish
          • Sep 2010

God bless Private Equity...........
          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Even Suzy Menkes isn't on board (from NYT):
            "Raf Simons admitted he was nervous before his Jil Sander men’s show. And, it turned out, with good reason. For in pushing a multitude of references from the last half of the 20th century, the result was not quirky, but weird. From the top of the models’ oil-slicked heads, through their bags slung to the chest like traveling schoolboys, to the ubiquitous high-waisted shorts, and army boots at the end of hairy, bared legs, this was originality taken to extremes.

The idea of experimenting with new tailoring shapes is a must for Mr. Simons. But it was frustrating that he did not bring the high-waist shorts more down to earth as a fresh cut for ordinary pants. Transparent PVC outerwear looked like a throwback to early Margiela years. The problem with sampling in fashion, as in music, is that the remix has to seem new.

In fact, there was plenty to like in the collection, if considered separately as sportswear anoraks, softly tailored blazers or a tailored leather coat. The dark colors of green and bark brown, while brighter color came out for the accessories, seem already to be a seasonal trend.

But Mr. Simons has to separate his creative imagination for his own line with the Jil Sander heritage. And the minimalist simplicity of the brand’s original spirit was far away. "
            music

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Wow, and this is from Suzy-I-Like-Everything. Hopefully he'll listen.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bosozoku
                • Sep 2008

He was even wearing the same butt ugly tee when I saw Raf himself leaving from Milan to Paris. Backprint "Jil Sander men's s/s12".

Fuck, as a designer you'd expect someone to appear in public slightly more understated.

Comment

• im_parfait
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2010

At least you won't accuse him of making "clothes for bankers" any more)

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

i like this even more now that i look at it in motion , specially the very 1st couple of fits . its dark palette and clean and elegant but still kinda different , all the shit i like

i read a few nites ago that theres another guy paul surridge thats actually the head designer for jilsander menswear , who reports to raf . i never heard of that but i looked it up online and found a bunch of articles sayin the same thing

Comment

• Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Wow, and this is from Suzy-I-Like-Everything. Hopefully he'll listen.
                      Really? But isn't she saying she wants things more "down to earth" i.e. palatable for the bankers?

Comment

i thought this was quite voiceless and generic for being raf. usually he always brings a twist to the silhouette which we've not yet seen, but this is all so within the frame of what one could be able to call the "Raf Simons" style that it almost feels like a follower of Raf. I'm not evoked to feel anything.

Comment

• moderninc2010
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                          i like this even more now that i look at it in motion , specially the very 1st couple of fits . its dark palette and clean and elegant but still kinda different , all the shit i like
                          Agreed and thanks for the video.
                          Only thing I am not sure about is the overall dark colours for summer as a sharp contrast to the current ss11 collection. The digital snake print on the small bags is actually a nice accent and I am starting to like them.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 525252 View Post
                            Really? But isn't she saying she wants things more "down to earth" i.e. palatable for the bankers?
                            If I have to choose a lesser of two evils, I will take a well cut suit o er this.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

on the contrary, I am glad he is finally suffering for his art

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Woot! More blackmail material!

I can't believe he actually wore THAT.

Jogu, and everyone else, please take care to adhere to thread title etiquette, so everything is tidy for future searches - Name/Gender/Season/City

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

those pants with those slim jackets in the first few looks bring to mind rafs first collections with loose high-waisted pants and slim shirts... it's a nice silhouette (some kind of combo of 20's oxford bags and 1970's), though not for me. branquinho did it a lot too...

it's weird how jil sander's people don't demand more differentiation from RS mainline. i wouldn't be able to name one thing that is 'jil sander' about this. everything says 'raaaaaaf': those rounded shoulders, wide sleeves and boxy torsos, the black short shorts, the raincoats, thick footwear, big heavy knits with round collars...

ps. jogu i'm kinda with u on the short shorts n boots thing. actually have two pairs of RS shorts stashed somewhere i used to wear with doc's, but i don't anymore - it's pretty schoolboyish (i remember growing up in belgium and seeing their boyscouts out like that even in wintertime...) and so i think it's less weird on a real young guy.

personally, i won't be spending any money on this collection i don't think...
                                Last edited by Shucks; 06-20-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎