Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SVRulez
    • Feb 2009

My thoughts exactly. Imagine going out in a full runway outfit. It's kind of ridiculous, no ? This is coming from someone who wears Rick's leather mini skirt thing from S/S 10 quite often.
    Having said that, I'm not that surprised about seeing robes in the men's collection. It seems that shapes and silhouettes from the women's collections invariably find their way in the men's. Even quite literal translations.
    I do like the grays. His use of colours is in constant evolution but still all of it fits together. Which makes it tempting to expand your wardrobe with the same stuff in slightly varying colours every season even if nothing else appeals to you.
    Oh yeah, please feed the models next time.

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

am lookin thru the fits from this collection again and im fuckin lovin it more than ever . still dont like the sunglasses tho , i like how tha long skirt makes the lines on each side of the body real narrow and how theyre kinda baggyish at the bottom on the floor . i just think that if u hem the length then itll look too much like a skirt and less like a long ass robe , but if i bought one i wouldnt wanna have it draggin around my feet and gettin mad dirty and scraped up either

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
        am lookin thru the fits from this collection again and im fuckin lovin it more than ever . still dont like the sunglasses tho , i like how tha long skirt makes the lines on each side of the body real narrow and how theyre kinda baggyish at the bottom on the floor . i just think that if u hem the length then itll look too much like a skirt and less like a long ass robe , but if i bought one i wouldnt wanna have it draggin around my feet and gettin mad dirty and scraped up either
        it's rick. busted-up clothes ftw! i'm leaning more towards the poplin ones than the full robes. will work better for me i think.

i kinda like the shades actually. the style - not that he's doing eyewear. i see this guy, not yoko ono:

Comment

• Ivans On High
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

Are there any pictures from the showroom of the footwear? I went but didn't take any pictures I'm afraid.

Thought it worth mentioning that the side-zip combats have reverted back to the standard (non-wedge) sole akin to the 08 version.

Comment

• Wiggles
            • Sep 2008

you'd have to wear the gowns dragging on the floor, jogu. i remember reading a rick interview once when he mentioned an old assistant of his - he said she wore his skirts until they were disgusting from dragging on the streets, and then she'd just walk through the storm drains and wring them out.

i love the drape of the poplin skirts/wraps/whatevers, i'm just withholding some excitement until i see the slit in real life.

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

does anyone know where to find showroom pics?
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

whats the fabric on this sleeveless robe ? shantung maybe ? cant rly tell but im curious

Comment

• xallhopelstx
                  • Jun 2010

Is there a place where I can view more of these backstage photos? They are fantastic.

Also, I got to try on the skirt and the floor length gowns and they are wonderful. I am 6'1" and they stop just about my shoes for both. The slit on the skirt feels slightly revealing, but it doesn't look very revealing... They are both super comfortable though!
                  Last edited by lowrey; 07-31-2011, 10:11 AM. Reason: use the edit button

Comment

• metin
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by xallhopelstx
                    Also, I got to try on the skirt and the floor length gowns and they are wonderful. I am 6'1" and they stop just about my shoes for both. The slit on the skirt feels slightly revealing, but it doesn't look very revealing... They are both super comfortable though!
                    I don't know if you had this experience, but the crossover back on the poplin maxi on me actually stayed relatively closed. Whenever I stepped, it felt like it was going to open right up and show off my underwear, but it never did. There's a dress for women (I think both mainline and DRKSHDW) that has the same effect but as a deep, plunging back. There's something about the way it's draped that prevents it from opening up too much.

That said, I'm so glad I ordered the skirt for myself; I don't think I can handle another New York summer next year without some ventilation.

Comment

• xallhopelstx
                      • Jun 2010

Yea that is how I felt when I wore it as well. It didn't show off much, just felt like it was going.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by metin View Post
                        That said, I'm so glad I ordered the skirt for myself; I don't think I can handle another New York summer nex]
                        sup whered u preorder it from ? was it the mainline or drkshdw skirt ? ive seen the drkshdw version on a stores blog and i liked the way it looked alot but i wanna see if its that much diff from the one i have now , dont need that many fuckin dresses in my closet

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

yup it was from why-lip

i like how the vent in the back of the drkshdw version is kinda pleated underneath so it doesnt rly open too wide and how its just plain black

Comment

• jskidder1
                            • Jan 2011

Aloha Rag has posted their buy:

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

hmmm lookin at that buy i would never even have guessed it was for ss12 , looks just like ur regular rick ss , what hap to all the long robes ?? i dont even recognize most of the stuff

Comment

• jskidder1
                                • Jan 2011

yeah, its a really lame buy. the blazer and the hooded vest are pretty cool but otherwise just basics.

also, pretty surprised they picked up that sea snake stooges.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎