• xeraphim
    • Nov 2008

Comment

• xeraphim
      • Nov 2008

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

thx! after seeing these, i know i'm really feeling this collection. aprons (poplin?) look cool too...

anyone who was there got some ideas about fabrics? looks like there's a lot of raw silk / linen?

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

^my 2 favorites too cause they look like every other rick collection

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

lol. so grumpy...

> eternal - those poplin ones (if they are poplin, then good choice of fabric i think) look like 'aprons' or some sort of wrap / back-to-front liner thing. they seem to be substantially longer in the front than in the back. but yeah, nice and i think could work pretty well maybe also with pants/jeans underneath. would want to see how they look up top though...

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

does anyone have a closer look at the boots of this collection?

Comment

• trentk
                • Oct 2010

I can't really judge the collection until I've seen the pants offered in the showroom. I was, at first, so thrown off by the kaftans, it skewed my perception of the upper half. Scrolling through the collection with my window pulled down below my screen to block the lower half changed my impression.

The upper half of this + pants in the same material isn't too far a diversion from the rick of yore. It looks like rick fixed everything I disliked about his suits - this iteration isn't so short and bunched at the waist. Its structured and futuristic enough to (finally) provide a suitable counterpart to the ss11 dresses. The blazer is so rigid, it almost reminds me of futuristic ccp.

The upper half of this is undeniably badass.... glad to see that element wasn't entirely absent from the collection. Once again, would look good with whatever pants appear in the showroom.

I'm not fond of the curled edges of the blazer, but rick really nailed the midsection layering here.... so many textrures of black.
                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• moderninc2010
                  • Jan 2011

I actually like this collection alot. Rick has striked the right balance here by displaying in this collection some very masculine dresses

Only item which is disappointing (if I have to pick one) would have to be the black shades. Other than that another forward and solid collection. Looking forward to it already!
                  Last edited by moderninc2010; 06-23-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
                    • Nov 2007

I think this collection sucked, that's coming from a guy who wears a lot of skirts. Then again, I think he's been getting steadily worse and worse since F/W '09

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
                      Was not going to comment on the sunglasses, because I don't like them, and at least not here. But this pretty much sums up what I first thought.
                      Yoko Ono??

kool moe deeeeeeeeeee!!

Last edited by upsilonkng; 06-23-2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

I wanted to write a long post expressing my thoughts about the collection at first, but by the time I got to a third page I just got more and more vexed with the posts here.

Feminine? Non-aggressive? No angular cuts? Not overwhelming?

Come on - it's the finer details. People still can buy the usuals, that's what the pre is for. Rick is pushing the boundaries, evolving, and doing it better than anyone else. Fucking don't get your reaction at all, guys.

No one can hold a candle to Rick right now, he's on another level. It's not "re-issue of the same leather jacket, trouser, boot and t-shirt in a different fabric", like more artisan brands, it's proper fashion, it should evolve, provoke and have a direction. It's still unmistakably Rick to me.

Very disappointed by the above posts.

As for collection - one word - epic.

Comment

• chomeo
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post

while I don't see how the dresses will catch on from a practical standpoint - at least in my line of work, I admit that some of those outfits flow very well on the runway albeit avant-garde . I do like this above much!

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

Some of rick's thoughts on the new collection.

Originally posted by Rick Owens
                            “I like the idea of promoting dignity and wisdom,” said Owens, adding that for him, the man dress — with its airs of Ancient Greece and philosophers and monks — embodies both
                            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

hesitantly chiming in from a female pov.
                              aside from the last two black looks posted by eternal (which frankly, are incredibly strong) i have trouble accepting that this will hit a chord with a large proportion of men. to me, men are more resistant to standing out on this grand a scale, but great runway fashion often provokes a hard direction forward and eventually distills down to mainstream, in that sense this is a bold, interesting direction.
                              i found it quite humorous that mr. owens came out in shorts in the end too.

i might buy a skirt or two though.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

"But if there’s anyone on the planet that can sell skirts to men, it’s me. It's a niche, but I like the niche."

it's been said before, but the guy is just straight up rad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎