Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

i like it and all but idk , man i was big into lanvin for a long while , i loved how shiny and soft everythin was and how fancy shmancy alot of it looked , full silk long hoodies that billowed softly with small metal toggles , mirrored copper toe sneaks , lighter than paper cotton blazers and shirts that u could layer in summer . last 3 collections includin this one im just like yaaa its nice but somethin is gone , cant rly think of what tho .

when i look at this one i like it overall and i see mabye 3 or 4 fits that remind me of why i loved lanvin and then i see a bunch of other styles and i get the feelin its tryin to please too many crowds . shit i even see some fits that look like they were inspired by the shit that goes on in this forum . sorta intresting the way its presented on runway with one dark palette goin out , then it transitions into grays while keepin a similar style with the 1st fits out , then it brightens up and its suddenly back to the " old " lanvin from a few yrs ago , and then it darkens again and looks like lucas was lookin at too many rick shows . dont get me wrong becos i like almost all of it but i wish it would just focus on maybe only 2 dif styles instead of switchin around to dif ones all within the same season

Comment

• ES3K
      • Oct 2008

Oh I totally agree, Jogu! (except that I don't like hoodies anyway, but maybe I feel just too old for them). But you are so right, this is kind of a best of anything collection. Prorsum military, Lanvin classics, Rick/SZesque things, first pic is totally Dior IMHO, McQueen as Heirloom said etc.

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

If you told me this show was pulled together from multiple designers and brands, I could believe it.

I don't detect a vision or identity.

Maybe they are just selling clothes !
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• hurricane08
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
          If you told me this show was pulled together from multiple designers and brands, I could believe it.

I don't detect a vision or identity.

Maybe they are just selling clothes !
          I disagree .Lanvin is always the "easiest" runaway to detect an identity and at the same time keeping it fresh .Another good collection and for sure close they will look like Lanvin .

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I also think it's very Lanvin, definitely in terms of fabrics and color palette.

Went to the showroom. My, oh my, I want a lot of it!

So, the idea was to present a Lanvin army - not an army in a military sense, but a coherent vision of a Lanvin man. Maybe that's why Jogu gets a feeling of few themes thrown in. For this they combined hard and soft fabrics in the same garment. So, coats, shorts and tees with leather front and fabric back. Biker pants, but in soft fabrics, chunky boots, etc. I think it worked very well. And the softening of the hardness of leather by bonding it with jersey, so it's smooth on the body is unmistakeably Lanvin as well. They have a deep regard for the wearer's comfort and the tactile feeling of the garments and it worked here.

Andrew, I couldn't figure out the fabric on the burgundy suit, either heavy cotton or linen, sort of tapestry-like and with destroyed treatment. Very beautiful!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎