• Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

ahh man idk bout this .. this is nice n clean and all and i can tell this has become the balenciaga menswear vibe but i miss the balenciaga mens stuff that happened durin late 07 to about 09 . those years were awesome imo and it was such a great new direction from the bs that was goin on before fall 07 . i mean when u compare ss07 to fw07 its like daaaaaaam and the collections directly followin that were pretty interesting also . but nowadays i just look at balenciaga mens and honestly it bores me . its still somewhat different but gone are the cool sci fi details like cashmere sweaters where the elbow has those ridges like a bendy straw , or sleeveless silk blazers that were mad slim and had weird star trek like details . now its abandoned all that and turned into somethin a bit plain , relying on cropped jackets and trousers to make it stand out

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

hm for me balenciaga is sort of constantly switching seasonally and also in (most) collections between preppy conservative 60's and retro-futurism space hero. this is really toned-down, but i wouldn't be surprised if he turned it back up in a season or so - he's not really scared like that.

personally though, at the moment i will probably consider balenciaga as a go-to for suits (looove them) and then find more expressive stuff somewhere else. (also in the process of trying to focus my wardrobe...)

but yeah, actually last major piece from balenciaga i got was probably f/w 2008.

Comment

• ES3K
            • Oct 2008

Seeing it first I thought "Jil Sander?", the next moment I wasn't too exited, kind of disappointed -- or bored as Jogu put it. But after some time and a second look I'm quite in love with this collection. Classic but yet with a twist, and with an unusual but pleasing color palette. And all looks very wearable, I really see a lot of pieces I'd like for my wardrobe (as opposed to a lot of SS12 collections where I don't want to put on a single piece).

My favorites:

/\ reminds me of CI5's Bodie.

Comment

• andrew
              • Sep 2009

The crimson is great but the clothes are meh. Still if a couple of high street stores pick up on this and produce crimson blazers then i will be happy.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                Seeing it first I thought "Jil Sander?"
                Agreed. Jil Jil not Raf Jil.

Very clean, unadorned. Smooth finishes. Cut close but not constricted.

No gimmicks.
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

i wouldn't bet on this not being 'constrictive'. balenciaga is NOT meant to be comfortable, and usually isn't, imho. it's 'sit-up-straight-dammit' type clothing.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                    • Sep 2010

These look like a slightly loser cut to me.

I have a couple of jackets from 07 or 08, and I agree, they fit like a uniform. High armhole. Crisp shoulder line.

Love it.
                    spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎