Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I WASHED MY CCP FENCING LEATHER....DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brad1981
    • Dec 2008

can i do the same with other ccp leather jacket? will they strectch back a bit due to some wear?

Comment

• diorowen
      • Aug 2010

mine does stretch after around 10 wears. ONLY on the part thats suffer lots of pulling.
      also cheers lowrey for your success :D
      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by brad1981 View Post
        can i do the same with other ccp leather jacket? will they strectch back a bit due to some wear?
        certainly wouldnt do it with anything other than a light weight leather like kalb...i think washing a ccp horse leather or bison would be distasterous...

Nice one lowrey - happy for you buddy! the wash gives it a refreshing new 'fitted' feel!
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• brad1981
          • Dec 2008

thx for the advice,anyway, congratulations on those who succeeded

Comment

• dabuliuyo
            • Apr 2012

oh it's amazing after washing. Does it works on carol kangaroo leather jacket?

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

i tried this on an old lamb leather from all saints because i never wear it any way and it shrunk it from a big 46 to a great 44. i also went one step further and put it in the dryer on high heat. it fits so much better now. thanks for posting this!

Comment

• Ricoco
                • Jan 2010

I have a lamb rick stooges. body fits good but the arms are a too roomy and long. would you guys recommend only to handwash the arms and let them dry on towels or do you think the arms would look differnt in the end?

Comment

• diorowen
                  • Aug 2010

I dont think thats a good idea ricoco. The wash result will come out different, and you may even come up with different texture.

Imho, just take it to the tailor. I did the same for my blistered stooges. Had to pay around 120aud. But it comes out perfect now :)
                  still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Ricoco
                    • Jan 2010

thanks diorowen. I just leave it that way for now because it's getting cold and I need to wear layers now anyway.

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                      So, for a while i haven't really liked the fit of my fencing - always thought it was a sz too big and was thinking about selling....BUT....i read the booklet and it does say you can machine wash....

so i thought 'what the hell'.....limited downside, and decided to gamble and machine wash it.

I adore it. If anything it feels like a brand new jacket but in a much nicer, more durable and strong leather.

I LOVE IT, AND ITS THE PERFECT SPRING SUMMER JACKET.....OPINIONS, QUESTIONS WELCOME, BUT I DID IT AS DESCRIBED

THERE IS A MORAL TO THIS STORY, BUT I CAN'T QUITE PUT MY FINGER ON IT, SUFFICE TO SAY THAT SOMETIMES, JUST SOMETIMES THOSE BIG STUPID RISKS YOU TAKE, PAY OFF
                      I want to thank you for taking this first step!
                      As a size 46 I bought a size 48 CCP Kangaroo leather jacket thinking I could layer sweaters etc underneath it. But it's a spring/summerweight jacket and it bothered me that with only a tee under it, it looks to big on me.

I have previously destroyed a leather Damir Doma jacket, so I was very anxious to wash a light grey (color 33) kangaroo (thin leather) CCP jacket.

So after reading this thread and the machine washing leather jackets thread I decided to pick up my balls and just wash my jacket. Another reason was also that the rain had caused a lot of spots/watermarks which didn't look good.

Thanks to the threads on SZ I had a lot of tips to take into consideration.
                      I also washed it, within a pillowcover, on 60 degrees celcius and spincycle at only 800rpm.
                      No detergent, but it seemed there was some left in the pipes or something because the machine got all bubbly.
                      Stuffed with paper and towels for drying overnight. Conditioned it with a beeswax/jojoba oil mix by Saphir (creme universelle). Applied the conditioner by hand and polished it with a cotton towel.
                      Very happy with the outcome!
                      - Shrunk 1 size from 48 to 46. Fit now is perfect!!
                      - Better color than before, from a bone/off white color to proper light grey (color 33) dirt and spots/watermarks gone
                      - More CCP details, I think the buttons and zippers touched the leather causing additional rustmarks on the jacket. I guess not every ones cup of tea, but I like it!
                      - Papery kangaroo leather again.

Luckily this project turned out awesome!

I took some effort to document the whole process.
                      Photo's can be found here:
                      http://s303.photobucket.com/user/unw...ather%20jacket

Thanks for all the tips here on SZ.
                      Grailed link

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

it looks good. washing always add character to leather, but if you don't know how, its always a HUGE risk
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Coming
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                          I want to thank you for taking this first step!
                          As a size 46 I bought a size 48 CCP Kangaroo leather jacket thinking I could layer sweaters etc underneath it. But it's a spring/summerweight jacket and it bothered me that with only a tee under it, it looks to big on me.

Very happy with the outcome!
                          - Shrunk 1 size from 48 to 46. Fit now is perfect!!
                          - Better color than before, from a bone/off white color to proper light grey (color 33) dirt and spots/watermarks gone
                          - More CCP details, I think the buttons and zippers touched the leather causing additional rustmarks on the jacket. I guess not every ones cup of tea, but I like it!
                          - Papery kangaroo leather again.

Luckily this project turned out awesome!

Thanks for all the tips here on SZ.
                          Good job
                          Its very hard to photograph colour 33 at the best of times: would you say that slight green tinge that it usually has got more or less pronounced?

And did the jacket shrink more lengthwise (eg sleeve and body length) or from side to size (eg chest and shoulder width, arm circumference)?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎