X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrew
    • Sep 2009

Sosnovska Mens FW11/12 Kiev

Been meaning to post this for a while and now that the SS collections have rolled around it seems like if i leave it any longer it would be pointless.

I dont know anything about this brand except that they are russian and i think there is only one designer, their website went down about a month ago and has been replaced at last with something rather vague, no word on a new SS collection yet but the blog section of the website has some catwalk images including nice images of teh bags they do, plus older seasons etc

• andrew
    • Sep 2009

Comment

• mizzar
      • Mar 2008

The brand is Ukranian, but they don't want to sell in Ukraine, now.
      I think brand have no substance, or integrity whatsoever.
      All the clothes i had chance to see were very "young" and materials sucked.
      If you really want to see her other clothes, pm me, i'll send you link.
      ____
      sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Sergei_S
        • Jan 2008

Seriously, it's not funny guys.
        This clothes have a strong smell of borsch and gorilka.
        I got weapons

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Normally I give designers the benefit of the doubt when it comes to similarity to better established designers, but I see a lot of Damir Doma in this collection.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• andrew
            • Sep 2009

so i guess in hindsight this probably wasn't a great label to post, the damir coments are justified. Some times for me its just about clothes i might like to wear, simplified versions of somethig or not.

Mostly i just like it when other designers get discussed here than the usuals, i'll try a different tact with the next attempt.

Comment

• david s
              • Jul 2010

The only impression I get is that there is a whole lot of architectural structure going on here.

I get some vague references to extreme shapes from Balenciaga (as in old Cristobal from the 60's) & in some of the pieces some attempt at draping...the Doma I guess.

But overall, meh, looks like something a second year fashion student with little talent would put together to be "edgy".
              It's absolutely Hedious!
              shy poser

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by andrew View Post
                so i guess in hindsight this probably wasn't a great label to post, the damir coments are justified. Some times for me its just about clothes i might like to wear, simplified versions of somethig or not.

Mostly i just like it when other designers get discussed here than the usuals, i'll try a different tact with the next attempt.
                I don't think it's bad to share a designer who isn't well received.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

This isn't so bad, the shapes and materials don't look very derivative to me though somewhat reminiscent of doma's soft egg shapes. Is there some kind of nationalistic prejudice going on here that I'm unaware of? Otherwise, I'm not sure where the vitriol of some comments is coming from.
                  music

Comment

• mizzar
                    • Mar 2008

It's not a nationalistic prejudice(can i have one? becouse i'm Ukranian too), it's personall experience.
                    I'm saying what i'm saying becouse i was on a catwalk.
                    Saw the clothes of ss10, touched them, know people who wear them.
                    I know that clothes. I know people who designed them.
                    And after all i think it's bland, unoriginal, and very market driven.
                    ____
                    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Nizar
                      • Apr 2010

Damir's volume, oversize and structure.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡