X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

meanwhile, sz brazenly expanding it's domain has also been noted with some concern. rupert is not amused...

Comment

• Lumina
      • Dec 2009

Congrats ! I'm very curious to see more ! Will it be a balance between words and pictures or one more important than the other ?

Good luck for the final preparations !

Comment

• david s
        • Jul 2010

awesome (the midwest in me someone pointed out the other day)

it will be great to see something communal/digital turned into something tangible

congrats!
        Last edited by david s; 07-11-2011, 08:37 PM.
        It's absolutely Hedious!
        shy poser

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lumina View Post
          Congrats ! I'm very curious to see more ! Will it be a balance between words and pictures or one more important than the other ?

Good luck for the final preparations !
          The impact is on substantial, in-depth articles that really open up the world we want to present.

Thank you, david_s. I will need your help soon, I think.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

This is simply incredible. Congratulations to everyone involved on taking SZ to the next level!!
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• plasmoplas
              • Sep 2010

pre-order

please post info when it becomes available! i'm sure there's lots of folks willing to commit early.

Comment

Faust, I have very mixed feelings.

First, it's great and I want to congrats you. Every new project in sz-universe has the potential to become an important and original element of it's culture.

But in what kind of form you see this mag? We have good example of some/things in line of quality of printing. So if SZmag will be like that, some king of expensive and collectible issue, it's really great.

Another question is about it's digital form. Do you plan to run it?
                I think, after release of new iPad we'll got lots of another tablets with overprint resolution (over 280dpi exact). And maybe it'll be good to have semiannual digital mag with high-quality photos that we always could have on hand?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Let's just say it won't be a fanzine. Far from it. It will have to remain a surprise what it's actually like, but the content should give you an idea of how collectible it will be. Read: very!
                  Digital is something we are discussing, but we need to take one step at a time. We are working on a budget and under time-constraints so the print form is what we are focussing our energy on now.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                    Faust, I have very mixed feelings.

First, it's great and I want to congrats you. Every new project in sz-universe has the potential to become an important and original element of it's culture.

But in what kind of form you see this mag? We have good example of some/things in line of quality of printing. So if SZmag will be like that, some king of expensive and collectible issue, it's really great.

Another question is about it's digital form. Do you plan to run it?
                    I think, after release of new iPad we'll got lots of another tablets with overprint resolution (over 280dpi exact). And maybe it'll be good to have semiannual digital mag with high-quality photos that we always could have on hand?
                    I see it in print form, as stated. Fuck iPads. I want a tangible object.
                    You will see when it comes out :-) Patience, patience.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Well) Believe, it'll be amazing anyway)

mrbeuys, can you drop a hint about paper?) or maybe in PM?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

So, I am pleased to introduce mr.beyus's company, Hi-Res, who is doing all things visual and digital for us, from fonts to magazine layout, etc. They are absolutely fantastic.

Hi-Res!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                          Well) Believe, it'll be amazing anyway)

mrbeuys, can you drop a hint about paper?) or maybe in PM?
                          может быть вам ещё и ключ от квартиры где деньги лежат?

seriously though, let's keep a bit of mystery here :-) don't you want to be surprised?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kompressorkev
                            • Dec 2006

this is huge!! congrats guys for making this happen wish i could make it out on the 7th..

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

Bravo guys! SZ has really expanded my horizons , fashion & beyond really look forward to this

Comment

• TheThief
                                • Mar 2011

Let me just jump in here and try to stop this some/things comparision in it's tracks.

Jin, some/things, while beautifully done, is more or less an art-book with some interviews. I'm not trying to take anything away from them, because they do wonderful stuff, but at $100 an issue it really strays far from what most would consider a magazine. Our focus is the type of timeless content that will keep you returning to each issue over and over again until the pages have fallen out, like your favorite paperback that you just cant put down.

I also hope that you always have our physical magazine on hand, forget the iPad nonsense for the time being. I have an iPad myself and I find reading on it's screen just as painfully dull as reading on my computer screen. Let's face it, tablet e-readers have no depth. If youre like me you want to feel the paper, smell the ink and get great satisfaction from flipping a page, or dog-earing the corner of your favorite article so you can return to it later. Besides, you cant use your iPad to cover your head in the rain

Trust me when I tell you this has truly been a labour of love for everyone involved and I think that will be reflected in what we produce.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎