Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: StyleZeitgeist Magazine | News and updates

Default pre-order

please post info when it becomes available! i'm sure there's lots of folks willing to commit early.

Jin

Faust, I have very mixed feelings.

First, it's great and I want to congrats you. Every new project in sz-universe has the potential to become an important and original element of it's culture.

But in what kind of form you see this mag? We have good example of some/things in line of quality of printing. So if SZmag will be like that, some king of expensive and collectible issue, it's really great.

Another question is about it's digital form. Do you plan to run it?
    I think, after release of new iPad we'll got lots of another tablets with overprint resolution (over 280dpi exact). And maybe it'll be good to have semiannual digital mag with high-quality photos that we always could have on hand?

Let's just say it won't be a fanzine. Far from it. It will have to remain a surprise what it's actually like, but the content should give you an idea of how collectible it will be. Read: very!
    Digital is something we are discussing, but we need to take one step at a time. We are working on a budget and under time-constraints so the print form is what we are focussing our energy on now.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Faust, I have very mixed feelings.

First, it's great and I want to congrats you. Every new project in sz-universe has the potential to become an important and original element of it's culture.

But in what kind of form you see this mag? We have good example of some/things in line of quality of printing. So if SZmag will be like that, some king of expensive and collectible issue, it's really great.

Another question is about it's digital form. Do you plan to run it?
    I think, after release of new iPad we'll got lots of another tablets with overprint resolution (over 280dpi exact). And maybe it'll be good to have semiannual digital mag with high-quality photos that we always could have on hand?
    I see it in print form, as stated. Fuck iPads. I want a tangible object.
    You will see when it comes out :-) Patience, patience.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Jin

Well) Believe, it'll be amazing anyway)

mrbeuys, can you drop a hint about paper?) or maybe in PM?

So, I am pleased to introduce mr.beyus's company, Hi-Res, who is doing all things visual and digital for us, from fonts to magazine layout, etc. They are absolutely fantastic.

Hi-Res!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Well) Believe, it'll be amazing anyway)

mrbeuys, can you drop a hint about paper?) or maybe in PM?
    может быть вам ещё и ключ от квартиры где деньги лежат?

seriously though, let's keep a bit of mystery here :-) don't you want to be surprised?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

this is huge!! congrats guys for making this happen wish i could make it out on the 7th..

Bravo guys! SZ has really expanded my horizons , fashion & beyond really look forward to this

Let me just jump in here and try to stop this some/things comparision in it's tracks.

Jin, some/things, while beautifully done, is more or less an art-book with some interviews. I'm not trying to take anything away from them, because they do wonderful stuff, but at $100 an issue it really strays far from what most would consider a magazine. Our focus is the type of timeless content that will keep you returning to each issue over and over again until the pages have fallen out, like your favorite paperback that you just cant put down.

I also hope that you always have our physical magazine on hand, forget the iPad nonsense for the time being. I have an iPad myself and I find reading on it's screen just as painfully dull as reading on my computer screen. Let's face it, tablet e-readers have no depth. If youre like me you want to feel the paper, smell the ink and get great satisfaction from flipping a page, or dog-earing the corner of your favorite article so you can return to it later. Besides, you cant use your iPad to cover your head in the rain

Trust me when I tell you this has truly been a labour of love for everyone involved and I think that will be reflected in what we produce.

Really, really looking forward to this (Plus I'd love to be able to contribute an article down the line once I've got a few more pieces elsewhere under my belt).
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

TheThief's post should be the prologue of the first issue, or parts of it. A lot of truth in this about the worth of something you can touch, and as an old music magazine collector I know what I am talking about, and the nonsense that is just modern, but not an improvement of life. I am eagerly awaiting this now. And nice to have some well known members involved in this.

very exciting news, guys, and congrats to all! i wish i could be there on the 7th - what's the distribution going to be like?

Jin

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    ещё и ключ
    Фауст, это просто профессиональное любопытство) буду ждать с нетерпением появления на свет первого выпуска)

По поводу айпадов: в их нынешнем воплощении - согласен, fuck ipads, следующее поколение, скорее всего, расположит к себе намного сильнее.)

TheThief, yes, I'm understand you and E. pretty good, have same feelings about vintage mags and books, sure that next generations 'll feel it about SZmag)

I hope (as I type on a laptop and read a .pdf on the side) that print will always reign supreme.

I still have some old Purple Fashion volumes from the late 90s with shoots of Margiela's "oversized" collection - a beaut. Had I not the physical object to drag around with me as I moved around the country, I surely would have forgotten about those editorials. (Ah - an idea: scan those shoots for the Margiela thread.)

Those fashion articles are something I *cannot* wait to read.

Sign me up to contribute anything in the future!

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Fuck iPads. I want a tangible object.
    seriously! I've even (unfortunately) minimized my sz reading due to the fact that I find staring at a screen rather tiresome. I look forward to the opportunity to collect the new magazine in its moment. I have a feeling the editorials will be rather epic...not to mention, obviously, the articles. Faust I hope you are, or at least will be, writing some of them. This magazine is a great idea and destined to be nothing but the best!

we're overdue for coffee dan

Quote Originally Posted by TheThief View Post
    So, I guess after all this time I should stop being so aloof and, under orders of the comandante, introduce myself.

My name's Daniel and I'm Faust's co-publisher and Managing Editor. I know some of you outside of the forums and hope to meet many more.
    I like long walks on West Broadway, coffees at Ground Support and Julius leathers....

See you all on September 7th.

Damn.. I'm shocked. Really great to hear and I can't wait to see the physical product!
    Will this be funded / semi-funded by ad space? Will it be produced in limited quantities like the designers we adore? When is the launch party? Please give a good notice.

Coming next month.. high-res HOF issue!

Quote Originally Posted by genevieveryoko View Post
    seriously! I've even (unfortunately) minimized my sz reading due to the fact that I find staring at a screen rather tiresome. I look forward to the opportunity to collect the new magazine in its moment. I have a feeling the editorials will be rather epic...not to mention, obviously, the articles. Faust I hope you are, or at least will be, writing some of them. This magazine is a great idea and destined to be nothing but the best!
    Yes, I am! :-)

Peasant, the SZ 5 year anniversary party IS the launch party!

We might also have launch parties in London, Paris, Tokyo and L.A. - still mulling over some options.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Congrats Faust - This is awesome.

I am going to try to make it out to NYC on the 7th :)