Silent SS2012

• Ivans On High
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

Comment

• Ivans On High
      Banned
      • Oct 2008

Last edited by Ivans On High; 07-31-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Ivans On High
        Banned
        • Oct 2008

Last edited by Ivans On High; 07-31-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• nadir
          • May 2011

Not finding DD particularly exciting anymore. His first couple of collections were very impressive, but there doesn't seem to be much to set the new pieces apart

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Not trying to sound like an asshole but does this really deserve an own thread? No disrespect, I really appreciate Silent but it's nothing more than a basic line! As noted above, the pants are really nice and I could well imagine wearing them but in all honesty: this is the only piece which is a more than a basic tee or longsleeve. To exagerrate my argument: we don't need a thread for American Apparel clothing either, do we?
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

The tops seem to be copies of FW11 mainline. I don't have any experience with Silent, how are the fabrics? Just cotton or also cashmere blend?

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

I only had tees (and some jogging pants) that far. They're made of 100% 'organic' cotton. It's a nice fabric though!
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• several_girls
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                  Not trying to sound like an asshole but does this really deserve an own thread? No disrespect, I really appreciate Silent but it's nothing more than a basic line! As noted above, the pants are really nice and I could well imagine wearing them but in all honesty: this is the only piece which is a more than a basic tee or longsleeve. To exagerrate my argument: we don't need a thread for American Apparel clothing either, do we?
                  Agreed.

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                  The tops seem to be copies of FW11 mainline. I don't have any experience with Silent, how are the fabrics? Just cotton or also cashmere blend?
                  They are nice for diffusion or whatever you'd like to call it. Poplin, jersey (very fine) and linen/cotton blends. Not sure about cashmere.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2008

Granted, the mens does look very basic, but lots of people here wear the stuff and the fabrics are very nice for a basics line. And it's a damn sight more thought out than American Aparel. So yes, I do think it deserves a thread.

I'll post the womens tonight. It is considerably more interesting.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2008

OK, maybe 'considerably' was a slight overstatement, but here it is.

The collection was very big, so I havent posted everything. My ancient computer takes a while to get through the re-sizing.

Comment

• andrew
                        • Sep 2009

how do people rate the quality construction-wise of the silent pieces. They are about the closest my pricepoint gets to designers like Damir but i recently bought a mainline Damir top (admittedly off ebay) and was majorly underwhelmed by the quality of the fabric and construction. I know the silent stuff is manufactured etc elsewhere so i assume the standards are different. For example is it better or similar to american apparel since they have come up?

sorry if this should be in the small q's thread but it seemed to follow on from the fabric questions

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by andrew View Post
                          Damir but i recently bought a mainline Damir top (admittedly off ebay) and was majorly underwhelmed by the quality of the fabric and construction
                          all the doma i ever bought was from early stuff , last thing i bought was in 09 or was it 08 ? honestly cant member but me i found the craftsmanship kinda weird like the stitchin on a pair of shorts started to fuckin come undone rite on my ass but then this real sheer kinda light wool hoodie that looks like its gonna unravel hasnt had a single problem . i got like 2 silent pieces a while back which i just gave away but when i wore them i felt like the fabric was stronger and it prolly was since it wasnt like some special light tech fabric instead that also costs more than like the basic jersey

Comment

• Catfood
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by andrew View Post
                            how do people rate the quality construction-wise of the silent pieces. They are about the closest my pricepoint gets to designers like Damir but i recently bought a mainline Damir top (admittedly off ebay) and was majorly underwhelmed by the quality of the fabric and construction. I know the silent stuff is manufactured etc elsewhere so i assume the standards are different. For example is it better or similar to american apparel since they have come up?

sorry if this should be in the small q's thread but it seemed to follow on from the fabric questions
                            The first few seasons of Damir had some quality issues, but it was also a lot cheaper. The fabrics are also better now than in the early collections. The silent stuff is pretty unremarkable in my opinion, fabrics are nothing special. To me American Apparel seems comparable.

This looks better than previous silent efforts as there are a few more interesting cuts at least. Agree with Ivans that the womens looks more interesting that the mens.
                            Last edited by Catfood; 08-01-2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Teazer
                              • Dec 2010

the women's stuff is much better in this season i think. The pants are quite nice. overall i don't like the composition of the colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎