Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women's Section of the Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
    Another forum for women not named Stylezeitgeist might be better. It's like they want what the men of SZ created, but they don't want the men.
    I want to emphasize what each and every one of the female members who have posted here have said: we only want a women's section insofar as it allows us to use this resource when we we are playing the role of the consumer, and to encourage new women to come out of hiding.

As much as I love to know about men's sizing issues and product codes for sissypee object-dyed leathers, I would also like to quickly get to questions about, say, CDG/Junya shoe sizing (which, honestly, remains hazy to me.)

This is about efficiency not (for the most part) ideology - let's be clear about this.

Quote Originally Posted by christianef View Post
    chicks want online chick homies too.

but enough beating around the bush. yes i accept the forums nomination as moderator for the womens section. i am not only humbled but delighted to play such an integral role in taking this forum to the next level.
    IF I WERE ELECTED CLASS PRESIDENT I would make sure there are machines dispensing Ann D feather accessories in the cafeteria!!!

That aside I concur christianef: where my online chick homies at?!?
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

if a larger female membership is desired i think it makes perfect sense to add a women's subsection. in fact i can't imagine it any other way. this isn't to say that the fellas can't pipe in on the discussion/s but i can see where things will be more streamlined if there was a "shopping and personal style" section for gals. i do think that waywt should probably stay unisex but even that could be interesting if a second one was added. if anything it's simple enough to try and if the female membership doesn't increase we can call in the national guard and forcibly integrate the threads down the road.

Thank you for your thoughts, everyone. Sorry, christianef, I already made up my mind about who the moderators will be :(
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
    theres a sense that tells me most of the interesting discussions will happen in what then becomes the "mens" section...
    why? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
    plus to feel like I get an overall view I'll have to check two threads instead of one.
    oh putain, a slew of members on here also post regularly on styleforum, superfuture, tfs, fashionology, subscribe to a bunch of blogs etc all filled with interchangeable and new dialogue and content. is checking another thread that big of a hassle isnt the point to absorb and exchange as much crap as possible?

+1 mbd its kind of like an sz ladies nite. a simple incentive to peak womens interest about the forum then when they come and see how much fun it is and we all eat each other out theyll naturally start to mingle in other sections like this one and culture where a lot of great discussions also take place and everyone will be able to share and exchange together. and dont try to argue what's next an ethnic minority section and a section for penguins. im open to it because im not prejudice but for now this seems the most suitable.

Heirloom wants to be the only queen of SZ. It's understandable ;-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Heirloom

only if you insist ;)

Will there be WAYWT thread in women's section? =)
    By now WAYWT is sub-forum of men's shopping and personal style