• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Women's Fragrances

This should be a useful one, as fragrances are hard to navigate and make great gifts.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

one of my favorites is Chanel gardenia. even though i rarely wear perfume (i wonder how many women do so on a regular basis).

the hussein chalayan for comme des garcons fragrance was released recently and smelled floral but not vulgar sweet, i dont know what the top notes are though. it was nice.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

I've been wearing Creed, here and there, since the mid-90s. I tend to go for the men's scents, like Green Irish Tweed in the spring.

During the rest of the year, I wear L'Artisan's Parfumeur Dzongkha. Most of all, I wear CDG Incense d'Avignon -- both by master "nose", Bertrand Duchaufour.

Incense d'Avignon goes well with my favorite candle, which is Cire Trudon's Spiritus Sancti. I think it's because I never had to go to church that the scent of cold limestone and the withered pages of aged books stored in the library of a dark, high gothic cathedral soothes.

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• nadir
        • May 2011

I think my favourite fragrance on woman has to be Issey Miyake - L'eau d'Issey. If anyone walks past wearing it I can't help but turn straight away.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
          I've been wearing Creed, here and there, since the mid-90s. I tend to go for the men's scents, like Green Irish Tweed in the spring.

During the rest of the year, I wear L'Artisan's Parfumeur Dzongkha. Most of all, I wear CDG Incense d'Avignon -- both by master "nose", Bertrand Duchaufour.

Incense d'Avignon goes well with my favorite candle, which is Cire Trudon's Spiritus Sancti. I think it's because I never had to go to church that the scent of cold limestone and the withered pages of aged books stored in the library of a dark, high gothic cathedral soothes.

MBD
          This is my perennial number one. Nothing has come close yet. I feel like I own that scent now.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• timber
            • Nov 2008

I wear Absinth by Nasomatto almost daily. It's really warm and androgynous. Woody, like rich wet earth, and it lingers like smoke. Very 'green' if that means anything.

I bought my mother Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur last year, which is amazing. It smells absolutely real, nothing artificial at all. Like the sun rising off drying fields of grass, and a hint of leather.

I like fragrances that stay really close to the skin and don't overwhelm everyone who's around you. More natural warmer smells -- I'm constructing a list of samples I'm going to order from Lucky Scent soon, so I can start hunting for something new.
            http://111wpm.tumblr.com/

Comment

• christianef
              • Feb 2009

margiela untitled l'eau - galbanum, buchu, obviously spearmint, orange blossom and some other crap i cant distinguish at all because i have the least sensitive sense of smell ever. not big into fragrances but i like this and my bf likes it so it's all good in the hood.

Comment

• jippos
                • Mar 2007

I love Avignon! It completely resembles (catholic) church incense, which I used to hate as a kid, but apparently now love. Reminds me that I need another bottle.
                I also like Odeur 53; I like its synthetic smell and how subtle it is. Actually, I find almost all Comme scents either very good or very amusing.
                Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                Most of all, I wear CDG Incense d'Avignon -- both by master "nose", Bertrand Duchaufour.

MBD

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

My favorite women's scents are only slightly different than the ones I posted in the men's section because real scents work on almost anyone.

I'd say

1. Frederic Malle - Dominique Ropion - Portrait of a Lady (named after the literature): Originally thought it was annoyingly strong, but then realized it had some seriously nice peppery tones after about an hour. Really nice scent and I love this. Mix it with Comme des Garcons Red Series Harissa and they are very complimentary.

2. Frederic Malle - Dominique Ropion - Carnal Flower - Best floral scent of all time.

3. Comme des Garcons - Incense Jaisalmer mixed with Lime spritz (best combo scent ever!!!)

4. James Heeley - Sel Marin

5. James Heeley - Ophelia

6. Le Labo - Santal 33

7. Comme des Garcons - Rhubarb

8. James Heeley - Menthe Fraiche

9. Kilian - Sweet Redemption

10. Serge Lutens - Cyphre Rouge
                  Last edited by darkbydesign; 09-17-2011, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Downtown
                    • Aug 2010

Fragrances

We are huge fans of fragrances at Downtown...

If you enjoy Serge Lutens' Chypre Rouge, Ambre Sultan, and Daim Blond or even L'Artisan's Patchouli, Dzonghka, and Dzing, we think you would love the perfume roll-on oils from Agatha NYC.

There are three different scents: Gypsy which contains exotic woods, Egyptian incense and red musk. Dubois which conjures the essence of French perfumes as they haunt the wardrobes of fallen aristocracy furs, cashmere and carved wood. The favorite at the moment is Black Amber No.2 which contains primal notes from around the world and comprised of deep Amber and Patchouli notes. All of the scents come in a cool hand-made pouch as well.

[IMG]http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/Downtownshop/perfumes.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• syed
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                      7. Comme des Garcons - Rubarb
                      I love Rhubarb, I've been wearing it quite a bit over the Summer. Starts off rather tart with a really good strong rhubarb, but mellows down to a sweet cream quite quickly. Nobody has yet commented on me smelling literally like rhubarb, although the opening is undeniably so to my nose, but you do get a lot of compliments. Just wish the lasting power was stronger, but for the price I guess you can't complain.
                      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Lumina
                        • Dec 2009

I've been wearing Play by CDG for a while (and being told I smell like a candy ), but I haven't worn it lately. I would like to change, but I find it very hard to find another one. I don't like to have many perfumes and change everyday, I never end the bottles. I'd like to find one that looks like me but it's not easy, still searching.
                        Most Serge Luthens are quite delightful, but can easily become too "heavy".
                        I also have an all time crush on the cologne Eau Noire by Dior Homme, I don't wear it myself, but I love to smell it on my boyfriend. Maybe I should buy one bottle for myself !

Any idea ? I love jasmina, rose, vanilla or orange flower, something sweet, but fresh at the same time, very light, not heavy. The Rosa one from the CDG red serie is not bad, but I don't know.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Try Airborne by Chalayan, you might like it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lumina
                            • Dec 2009

Thanks for the suggestion ! I've checked the composition, it sounds very good, I can't wait to go try and smell it, I'm very curious of the mix between these fresh fragrance like lemon and orange flower with incense.

Comment

• LustMord
                              • Mar 2009

BOTTEGA VENETA....

interessting, new....

But most liked: Cartier- Le baiser de dragon

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢