X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Are we still talking about orange blossom or creamy vanilla?
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• J_J
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
      I am looking into buying a perfume as a gift for a friend.
      She told me she likes "orange blossoms with honey" and "cozy vanilla fragrances". However, she did not like my Serges (both, the vanilla and the orange blossom one) and wasn't too fond of APOM either. Any other recommendations (from Dane or others)?
      Serge's Jeaux de Peau is very cozy, although it's a love-it-or-hate-it type frag.

Comment

• Ladidums
        • Oct 2012

Any ethereal your skin but better scents to recommend?

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ladidums View Post
          Any ethereal your skin but better scents to recommend?
          Lots! Other preferences? Fruit/floral/spice/wood, etc.?
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ladidums
            • Oct 2012

Any and everything. I want to try them all. :)

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Masks are the obvious first choice because they already smell like skin. Lutens' Clair de Musc, Goutal Musc Nomade, Santa Maria Novella Muschio, L'Artisan Mire et Musc.

For something more spring-like, Chanel's 28 La Pausa (based on iris) or Prada's Infusion d'Iris.

Spicy - L'Arrisan's Safran Troublant.

Floral - Hermes Caleche Delicat.

Baby bum - Guerlain Jicky (EDT).

Woodsy - Guerlain Vol de Nuit (again in EDT)

Comment

• Ladidums
                • Oct 2012

Thanks Dane. Will try these first.

Do you sometimes wonder what perfume movie characters would wear?

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

not really

Comment

• Verdandi
                    • Mar 2012

I son't know if it qualifies as a "skin scent" but to me L’Antimatière by LesNez has this salty, been-in-the-sun-too-long smell. Another one would be L'eau d'hiver by Malle.

And thank you for all the orange blossom suggestions!
                    lavender menace

Comment

• Ladidums
                      • Oct 2012

I think I might like floral scents best and spicy/orientals least.

The Chanel 28 smells a little like Apres L'ondee light with even less staying power. But it is very pretty!

Any more recommendations? Something that is by turns childlike, ethereal, innocent and hedonistic, sensual, even lewd.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do sensual without the civet or other typical animalistic "armpit" scents.

Also if it's possible for scents to stay close to the skin but last a long time?

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Sounds like musks are for you. I still think Musc Nomade would be ideal. Another idea is S-ex by S-perfume. It's a bizarre fresh-leather-musk with a strange acetone topnote. S-perfume also makes a self-titled scent that may fit.

Basically what you're looking for is Helmut Lang. Unfortunately it's not easy/cheap to come by.

Comment

• safeword123
                          • Jul 2008

So dries collaborated with Frédéric Malle to create his first perfume, here's a little passage I came across on NYT. I think it is unisex?

Now the two have created a scent together for the designer, with the expertise of the perfumer Bruno Jovanovic. Frédéric has the idea of creating a special collection of scents, in addition to his regular line. The Dries fragrance smells mildly of sandalwood and vanilla (a foodie reference to Belgium treats). “The thing to avoid with Dries was the trap of flowers,” Frederic said. At his home outside Antwerp, Dries has a large garden. Well, too easy for a scent. The perfume will be available in a week or so.
                          Has anyone tried it? Would love to hear your experience!

Oh, I was gonna post this under Designers and their work, but couldn't find a dedicated thread for DvN.

Comment

• 8bpc
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Ladidums View Post
                            I think I might like floral scents best and spicy/orientals least.

The Chanel 28 smells a little like Apres L'ondee light with even less staying power. But it is very pretty!

Any more recommendations? Something that is by turns childlike, ethereal, innocent and hedonistic, sensual, even lewd.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do sensual without the civet or other typical animalistic "armpit" scents.

Also if it's possible for scents to stay close to the skin but last a long time?
                            Reading the description of what you are looking for the first fragrance that came to mind was Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior. I could see the vanilla in the base producing a childlike and innocent feeling, while the musk blended with the other notes, especially the bitter almond, yielding to a hedonistic, sensual, even lewd feeling. The fragrance has great longevity.
                            Last edited by 8bpc; 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Ladidums
                              • Oct 2012

Dane: managed to try a little bit of Helmet Lang yesterday. You are right. That is gorgeous. Unfortunately, it was the salesgirl's own private collection. She let me dabbed a little on the back of my hands and that was it ):

So, I was a little wonky in the head yesterday and got a full bottle of un bois vanille by serge lutens (the same sales girl was saying that I'm going to love it, and after the helmet lang, i felt indebted) even though I don't like gourmand. I still don't like the sweet syrupy coconut mess it can get into most of the time. But on the occasion where the sandalwood comes in strong with a bit of the vanilla and maybe musk, I think this is my skin but better scent.

Datura Noir and Fleur d'Oranger, not particularly pleasant or unpleasant. FDO is less pleasant than DN so why do I have my nose stuck on the tester all night inhaling and inhaling?

DO NOT LIKE:
                              Musc Ravager. <-- what the %*^# BO punched me in the face.

Comment

• Ladidums
                                • Oct 2012

8bpc: I havent tried that yet. What concentration would that be in? Although I've tried the original poison at sephora store, on a tester, and it was on the verge of giving me a headache. But then again, sephora's fragrance section tends to have that effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎