X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Now see if you can find some Santa Maria Novella Muschio to try...closest thing you can get to the discontinued HL.

Un Bois Vanille is good for what it is...it does have a syrupy side to it, but that's not what bothers me about it personally (I won't tell you what does, for fear it will ruin it).

Lutens' florals in the export line are largely unimaginative. I happen to like Fleurs de Citronnier (which is more musk than floral), and Tubereuse Criminelle, now that it's been added to the line, but that's about it.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ladidums
      • Oct 2012

You know saying that you can't tell me what it is pretty much guarantees that I need to know what it is right?

So, what is it? What is the thing that bothers you about UBV?

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Just that the drydown has a bit of that Vanilla Bounce thing happening...the musk really bothers me. The top/middle are all warm, roasted coffee, vanilla & woods...the drydown is basically fabric softener.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ladidums
          • Oct 2012

I've been trying to find the fabric softener scent you're talking about but I've been brought up on fabric softener and smell nothing! For me, it's like coconut mess, coconut mess, coconut mess, brilliance!, coconut mess, coconut mess, sweet coconut cakey mess, poof. Nothing.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Ladidums View Post
            DO NOT LIKE:
            Musc Ravager. <-- what the %*^# BO punched me in the face.
            ^^^ I'm glad I'm not the only person to think this.

I had a bottle of this that I bought online because it was my first FM EdP purchase and the scent had such high praise. Then I tried it and thought exactly this and had to sell it on Ebay. MR and lipstick rose are the only two FM scents that I just can't get into.

Comment

• Ladidums
              • Oct 2012

Although I've been informed that the OIL rather than the EDP is what I'm truly looking for since it's more nuanced and less "shrieky". Having said that, I can't imagine I'd like nuanced BO much more than one that simply just slaps me around. BO is BO is BO.

Comment

• 8bpc
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Ladidums View Post
                8bpc: I havent tried that yet. What concentration would that be in? Although I've tried the original poison at sephora store, on a tester, and it was on the verge of giving me a headache. But then again, sephora's fragrance section tends to have that effect.
                I enjoy more niche fragrances than designer, but there are some great designer fragrances. HP is an Eau de Toilette so it should present itself differently than an Eau de Parfum. However, your more recent post about disliking gourmand fragrances makes me think you may dislike HP. Fragrance enjoyment is so subjective it can be difficult to make suggestions without really knowing a person. Please sample HP when you have the opportunity and let me know if it hits anywhere near the description you provided earlier.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                Lutens' florals in the export line are largely unimaginative. I happen to like Fleurs de Citronnier (which is more musk than floral), and Tubereuse Criminelle, now that it's been added to the line, but that's about it.
                The menthol opening of Tubereuse Criminelle is very interesting, but the dry down left me disappointed.

Comment

• lionlimb
                  • Feb 2013

For years I just wore straight Rose Otto, mixed with a bit of Frankincense in the winter and Bergamot in the summer. I'm trying to move into more complex scents, but not having the best luck. I picked up a dab of By Kilian Rose Oud, but to my nose it has an intense powdery sweetness. I'm not a fan of Patchouli, which I suppose cuts the sweetness of many "dark" rose perfumes, and I assume that many musk-based scents would read too sweet to me. Anyone got recommendations?
                  not baller

Comment

• sarahdelrey
                    • Feb 2013

I use Premier Figuier by L'Artisan Parfumeur..do you know this label?
                    I love its fragrances!!

Comment

• eaglewood
                      • Feb 2007

A good rose otto is hard to beat as a scent. It is already complex and has elements from top notes to base notes. You could try different rose oils. For example I have some Indian rose oil that is not at all sweet, emphasising the vegetable side of rose.
                      Mixing rose with a quality sandalwood is simple and the results are beautiful.
                      Also if you like rose with bergamot try it with a good neroli that is amazing. If you are interested in the esoteric aspects of scent the vibrational level of that combination is very interesting.
                      Just another thought you might try a really good Omani Hojari frankincense oil as it will give you the citrus top notes as well as some of the spice.

Comment

• Verdandi
                        • Mar 2012

I finally had time to try all the samples I ordered while I was on vacation.
                        Since Dane speaks so highly of the S - Perfumes line this was on top of my list. I somehow expected S -EX to be really raunchy, maybe I was mislead by the name and the promise of leather. It turned out to be quite the opposite. It strikes me as a rather cold scent that almost has a certain metallic quality to it and I love that it stays close to the skin. I would love to own a full bottle; does anyone know if it is available in Europe? I am not quite ready to suck it up and pay the 40 $ shipping at Luckyscent.

Next was 100% Love. This turned out to be the first fragrance that made me recoil in horror. It's attack of the 50 foot woman and she is covered in chocolate and berry sauce. My first reaction was to run to the bathroom as fast as possible and scrub it off. I gave it another hour and it only got worse. It is aweful and yet quite fascinating. Not for me, at all.

Otherwise I finally aquired a bottle of La Femme Bleue. I had a decant before and finally spotted a bottle while buying neckties for my father at Armani. I adore this scent it is so soft and beautiful.
                        lavender menace

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

S-ex is a strange creature...musks for some can be soapy, while someone else finds them raunchy. I find S-ex to almost be in between, it has a forward "Sharpie" note (like, the marker), some fruit, but also some leathery rawness.

The distribution for S-Perfume is rather bizarre. At one point, another company called Shaping Room was making them, and then A Lab On Fire, now I have no clue where to buy them.

As for 100% Love...well, it's love or hate. No one can deny that it's interesting!

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

I've been wearing Sa Majesté La Rose. Might be the onely fragrance I actually enjoy on me. I think I'll buy a whole bottle, my sample is empty and I miss it. I'll keep Fleur d'Oranger for heat-wave situations

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

Musc Ravageur is more of a comfort oriental vanilla spice to me. I don't get much funk or musk really--sort of smells like Coca Cola, quite sweet and generally easier to wear than the name suggests. It was one of my first niche perfume purchases and it doesn't get much wear anymore, when I'm in that mood I prefer Chanel Coromandel.
                              Originally posted by DRRRK
                              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• kobito
                                • Jan 2013

bought a new perfume at annick goutal...it's called "petite cherie".. it smell really fresh and nice..however it is too light and not really long lasting... abit disappointed .. i'll try to use it during winter time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎