X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ten years ago this was the perfume I gave to every girl I dated, haha. That and Bulgari Black. I still miss that one.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bson
      • May 2013

Kobito--- I love petit cherie... It lasts hours on one of my friends, even lingers on their clothes for days, but when I sampled it myself I found it went away much faster! I wonder...! Maybe winter is better

Comment

• kobito
        • Jan 2013

Yes!! this happened on my friend as well!!! It last pretty long on her, however not me. i thought it's juz me n my own problem!! lucky now i found i'm not the only one
        yeah try it!! tho the scent seems not really match with winter weather
        Originally posted by Bson View Post
        Kobito--- I love petit cherie... It lasts hours on one of my friends, even lingers on their clothes for days, but when I sampled it myself I found it went away much faster! I wonder...! Maybe winter is better

Comment

• Bson
          • May 2013

Originally posted by kobito View Post
          Yes!! this happened on my friend as well!!! It last pretty long on her, however not me. i thought it's juz me n my own problem!! lucky now i found i'm not the only one
          yeah try it!! tho the scent seems not really match with winter weather
          Aw haha yeah, that's right! Maybe we just need to do 4-5 sprays instead

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

has anyone tried la labo ylang 49? which serge lutens does it most compare too (because i'm most familiar with those) and is it lasting?

Comment

• lionlimb
              • Feb 2013

While the Rose Oud grew on me a bit over time, I've actually started wearing + loving Chanel Égoïste (NOT Platinum).

I'd still like a bit more of a rose edge, though, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with Le Labo toiletries -- I was thinking of layering the Égoïste over a soap or lotion in Rose 31. Any thoughts? Is that a heresy / desecration of a classic scent?
              not baller

Comment

• severin
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post
                I'd still like a bit more of a rose edge, though, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with Le Labo toiletries -- I was thinking of layering the Égoïste over a soap or lotion in Rose 31. Any thoughts? Is that a heresy / desecration of a classic scent?
                i fell into having a bottle of both le labo rose 31 bodywash and lotion and i'm pretty obsessed. i've never been into rose much, and this scent was a full on revelation for me. it's not a typical rose though, it's earthier and not as sweet. i really don't have the ability/knowledge to discuss scents or guide you in any way, but i just wanted to give my
                take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• Shifts
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post
                  While the Rose Oud grew on me a bit over time, I've actually started wearing + loving Chanel Égoïste (NOT Platinum).
                  Égoïste is a magical fragrance – especially on women for some reason. I remember smelling it on a young woman on my way to work one day and just had to stop in my tracks. So amazing.

I've also smelled it on an old, really well-dressed man just outside my office and reacted pretty much the same way. Well, not quite the same way, but it resonated so well with the persona he delivered. I envied him.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                    • Apr 2009

This is not really women-specific, but can anyone direct me to somewhere that had descriptions of mad et len's scents (specifically candles) I've seen a few of them in person but can't remember which ones I liked. I'm not a scent expert so I can't go just by the name, and of course I don't live close to anywhere that sells them.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

You loved all of them. I know this because I do.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fadetogrey
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        You loved all of them. I know this because I do.
                        Haha, I wish it was that easy! I'm pretty obsessed with their packaging, but I'm curious about some of the scents I've seen online and not in person yet, like rose du 8 mai (obviously a rose scent, but hoping it's a bit different than straight up rose) Somebody needs to invent a scent replicator for online perfume and candle buying purposes... "smell-o-gram". Or I just need to move to a better city. Not sure which one is more difficult.

Comment

• Dorje
                          • Oct 2013

lionlimb, I'd go on a sample binge of rose frags, there's so many...

I thought the Le Labo was a let down, it's heavily loaded with iso-e super as it's main basenote, which is very common and I don't like it. I'd check out Amouage Lyric for Women and Tauer's Un Rose Chypre especially... Kilian's Rose Oud is great too, one of my favorite roses.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
                            Haha, I wish it was that easy! I'm pretty obsessed with their packaging, but I'm curious about some of the scents I've seen online and not in person yet, like rose du 8 mai (obviously a rose scent, but hoping it's a bit different than straight up rose) Somebody needs to invent a scent replicator for online perfume and candle buying purposes... "smell-o-gram". Or I just need to move to a better city. Not sure which one is more difficult.
                            Have not smelled the rose one, but I am sure it's baller. The fact that they use the best ingredients, essential oils, and such, instead of merely dousing their candles with perfume, pretty much guarantees that whatever they lay their hands on will be stellar.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Have not smelled the rose one, but I am sure it's baller. The fact that they use the best ingredients, essential oils, and such, instead of merely dousing their candles with perfume, pretty much guarantees that whatever they lay their hands on will be stellar.
                              These 2 words in the same sentence are just.. wrong!
                              sain't

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Sorry, SZ slang seeping into my bloodstream. :(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎