X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genevieveryoko
    • Sep 2009

Women's Sizing

for questions and information pertaining to women's sizing.

to start, does anyone have any experience with women's yohji yamamoto shoe sizing?

yohji size 24=? run big/small? looking for something to fit a size 8/38/38.5
    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

yohji shoes and boots (as long as they arent from a collaboration) run fairly large so the 24 would seem to be ideal for you.

for example, i take a 23 and i am 36.5/37. 23.5 was always too big.

hope that helps and doesnt confuse you more.

Comment

• crouka
      • Jul 2007

yes it tends to run big, strictly a bit wider. I think this is true of this fall too.
      but there are exceptions. it's not so rare you run across one that is a full size smaller. so after all if you have a particular style in mind, you can always call YY flagship in aoyama and ask how it fits. I believe there is someone who speaks english and kindly provides the best advice to each case, wherever you are going to buy it.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

thank you both for your help

if I end up not getting the shoes, I'll post them to good finds because they are indeed a very good find
        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• xeraphim
          • Nov 2008

ladies, anyone familiar with haider ackermann footwear sizing? contemplating getting a pair for a girlfriend's birthday (she's usually an EU37), not too sure whether to go true to size or size up/down.

Comment

• Rosenrot
            • Aug 2010

I've tried a pair of boots from a couple of seasons ago. Fits true to size. Then again I've never tried any other model so I wouldn't know for sure
            Originally posted by Patroklus
            Better too adventurous than not enough
            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Looking for well made, slim fit classic workwear for the fiancee... any good lines/brands?

Curious as to how well made/fit/cut the TB Black Fleece is for a size 0.

She's looking for a nice solid classic black 1-2 button blazer.The simple Balmain one actually looks nice but the pricing is out of control.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

y's yohji makes some fantastic, beautifully cut, clean lined, blazers.
                sorry, i cant lend an opinion on black fleece, because i've never seen it.
                oh, also margiela 4 might be an option.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Thank you Rider for the good pointers. Is Y's for women more drapey or is it classically crisp and structured? I don't have a lot of experience with Yohji's work admittedly and even less so with the womens.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

^ hmmm, it can go both ways, i guess its no surprise that he can successfully mix it up better than most. i looked at both y's and +noir for you and it seems that crisp traditional cuts are more prevalent in +noir this season. i hope you have it available near you because some of his lines are so hard to find stateside.

i saw these, maybe they fit the bill?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      Thank you Rider for the good pointers. Is Y's for women more drapey or is it classically crisp and structured? I don't have a lot of experience with Yohji's work admittedly and even less so with the womens.
                      Yohji+Noir is lovely for jackets--amazing tailoring and beautiful quality-- but iirc, your fiance is pretty tiny, yes? If she prefers fitted clothing, yohji might be difficult.

I think Black Fleece is a great alternative for classic, slightly boyish cuts...quality and shape of both shirts and suits is great.
                      and it's definitely cut slim--not quite shrunken, but almost-- so a zero should be perfect. Nice price point too, and they have good sales...

maybe also have a look at Band of Outsiders Boy?
                      Last edited by laika; 10-17-2011, 02:19 PM.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

A belated thank you Laika as well for your recommendations :) Will look into all of those!

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

M,

Please tell me you are not speaking from experience.........

Originally posted by laika View Post
                          Yohji+Noir is lovely for jackets--amazing tailoring and beautiful quality-- but iirc, your fiance is pretty tiny, yes? If she prefers fitted clothing, yohji might be difficult.

I think Black Fleece is a great alternative for classic, slightly boyish cuts...quality and shape of both shirts and suits is great.
                          and it's definitely cut slim--not quite shrunken, but almost-- so a zero should be perfect. Nice price point too, and they have good sales...

maybe also have a look at Band of Outsiders Boy?
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Yet another fit/sizing question for you knowledgeable women...

the classic Rick jacket

What tagged size best fits a 0-2?

And short of ebay... any place to pick this up for under $1500? It's almost Xmas :)

Thank you all again!

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

try barneys and net a porter. sales on.
                              they run small so i would say a 38 maybe 40, nap will have measurements to be sure though, they are a great reference.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎