• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOHSAD
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by saniityhd View Post
    Might not be directly fashion-related, but kind of:
    I have been thinking alot about my employment recently. Working at a high-end clothing-store while being 20 y/o seems both appreciated and sometimes frowned upon. I have many customers who seem happy to get help, advice etc from me ( most of them being women or older men ). But I must say I have more people ( typically men just some years older than me ), who down me for trying to help them. People seem to think that I am a wise ass when I try to help them.
    I have always thought that this is due to my age.

What do you feel like walking in to a store where the staff is younger than you? Is this a problem?
    Staff being "young" isn't a problem for me. As long as they're nice and most of all knowledgeable, then I'm okay with it.
    "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I agree, I have a hard time seeing age as a big deal, for me it's all about being friendly and knowledgeable AND knowing the right distance to keep. Every shopper has their own preference on how much help they want.

However, depending on what kind of a store it is, the clientele might be quite different from the typical SZ user, so hard to say..
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SafetyKat
        • Aug 2014

I just came back from a screening/discussion panel for "Men of the Cloth". The discussion itself was not unlike alot of the subjects broached here on SZ (The disapearance of artisanal craftmanship, Social Media's influence on fashion, Clothes made for Instagram, Designers that know little about how clothes work etc.) We went decently deep for a 45 minute panel, good times

One of the most interesting topics came from Nino Corvato, who talked about the idea of starting a school devoted to extensive training in tailoring. He wants to acquire funding for supplies, both teacher AND student wages, and a workshop space in Manhattan. Even if the school was devoted to a small group of artisanal fields instead of just tailoring, it sounds unbelievably ambitious to me, unless we have some sort of Charles Dickens mysterious full-ride benefactor coming along in the near future...

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Was trying to figure out what season one of my old Ann pieces is from, and got super sad looking through old collections
          music

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
            Was trying to figure out what season one of my old Ann pieces is from, and got super sad looking through old collections
            Aahhhh! (Gives a hug).
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PUCK
              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
              I just came back from a screening/discussion panel for "Men of the Cloth". The discussion itself was not unlike alot of the subjects broached here on SZ (The disapearance of artisanal craftmanship, Social Media's influence on fashion, Clothes made for Instagram, Designers that know little about how clothes work etc.) We went decently deep for a 45 minute panel, good times

One of the most interesting topics came from Nino Corvato, who talked about the idea of starting a school devoted to extensive training in tailoring. He wants to acquire funding for supplies, both teacher AND student wages, and a workshop space in Manhattan. Even if the school was devoted to a small group of artisanal fields instead of just tailoring, it sounds unbelievably ambitious to me, unless we have some sort of Charles Dickens mysterious full-ride benefactor coming along in the near future...
              crosses fingers for a winning lotto ticket sounds amazing

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post

It would have to be funded by somebody wealthy, ostensibly without any kind of vested interest to the fashion industry or conglomerate. As this sounds like the sort of venture the likes of LVMH/Kering would sponsor/fund. The problem with that is, if it was in fact funded by the likes of the latter, they'd have contractual exclusivity/first refusal on all of the talented graduates for their portfolio brands, as opposed to giving birth to new independent brands/artisans.

Comment

• Verdandi
                  • Mar 2012

Leopard galore at Dries. Why?
                  lavender menace

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

probably the same reason he plastered monroe's face on half his last show.

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

I'd rather run around with MM plastered all over me than like an extra on The Bold and the Beautiful

Everything non-leopard is gorgeous though.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                        Leopard galore at Dries. Why?
                        Not as WTF/concerning as H&M showing at PFW.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Isn’t there a saying that a designer uses leopard print if sales are low?
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                            Isn’t there a saying that a designer uses leopard print if sales are low?
                            I think it's a "trend" as I've seen it used several times this season.

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Leopard is top, wtf are you guys on!!?? As Deneuve once said it is vulgar but you must always have a few pieces.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

RFT: In the process of minimizing my wardrobe I have gone from almost 30 pairs of shoes now down to 11 essential pairs within 1 year. 10 is my target, so almost there. Past year I've learned to let go... (not counting some crap stored in my shed, then I'm still at 30 :p)
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎