X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by tjhalvy View Post
    Agreed! Wish brands would realize this issue...
    I hate my Odyn Vovk zipper. I love Excellas but even then, they're smooth but not great. My Guidi's Excellas are getting weaker now. I'm sure someone in the field can comment more, but the "trims" can cost a lot of money. If I remember correctly, going from a smaller zipper to, say, an Excella is like $50 or something?

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

For a second, I was super confused, I thought kunk was back.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by gregor View Post
        mostly hoodies and stuff, main line as well as drkshdw. it's pretty slim pickings in general, but if you're downtown it's better than nothing.

also, you live in bellevue as well? small world, i lived in somerset for the longest time
        cheers, next time I'm around I'll have a peek.

yeah, apartment rent anywhere around Bellevue downtown is $$$$ though. it baffles me how the shittiest apartments in the area cost a similar amount to the Braven for comparable square footage..

Comment

• hamham3002
          • Sep 2008

Barneys hardly carry rick anymore (from my last visit 2 months back), but Nordstrom (Seattle, not the bellevue one) has small selection, nothing interesting as usual for your big department stores...

Funny, i used to live just north of somerset for a few years... I sure miss it there..

Comment

• smudge
            • Jul 2012

Excellas are relatively cheap; about $10-12 for 36 inches with a two way separating closure (+$1 for custom size). In my experience, Lampo zippers tend to be the most expensive at ~$26-30 for the same, and ~20-24 for riri (not bulk pricing of course). If you're making a jacket with Lampos with zips on the front and sleeves, you're looking at about $50 for hardware alone.

I also hate my odyn vovk zippers. I can an barely get them to align properly for the maplethorpe jacket. Between riri and lampo, I find that lampo has less resistance when zipping up so I tend to gravitate toward those despite the higher cost.

Anyone know a good source for RY? From some of my older RO leather, they seem to be extremely smooth.

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

hamham3002 the nordstrom just across from barney's? it's pretty slim pickings either way. seattle is much more geared to a heritage style, which is kind of the antithesis of a lot of the stuff on here.

dji bellevue is just all around kind of ridiculous, unless you want to live in factoria or one of the less desirable parts of town. honestly never saw the incentive to pay ~2k for two bedrooms and still not be able to walk anywhere downtown.

sure it can't be toooo much worse than melbourne, eh?

Comment

• trentk
                • Oct 2010

I have this weird neurosis where I think shorts are utterly vulgar unless worn with sandals, & are only permissible when it is to hot to wear pants.
                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

gregor I'm 5-10 mins walk from downtown park and Bellevue Square so it's reasonably convenient. hey, at least there's plenty of decent ramen places on the eastside now too right?

hamham3002 thanks for the heads up, like Barneys I kinda just disregarded Nordstrom.

oh, and don't talk is currently between showrooms. they'll still arrange to meet you somewhere if you're interested in certain pieces though but I was more inclined just to browse what they have available (the crust leather intarsia looks nice but I rather have it in shearling..).

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

yeah, that's what i did. josh actually just brought the stuff i was looking at to totokaelo for me to try and see

he did allude to some sort of public sale or offering in the coming fall, though, at least to make up for the lack of a showroom.

as for ramen, the best thing about bellevue is the food there. awesome korean, especially, if that's your thing. never tried toooo much ramen when i was there, because i'm a creature of habit and had a pretty full restaurant rotation.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

haha that's not a bad idea but thought it might be a tad weird.

recommendations for Korean food would be good! luckily I'm across the road from H-Mart so I'm never short on kimchi or bulgogi for the home!

maybe we need to create a Seattle thread to avoid derailing this thread any further.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Paris shows start today. Let's please pull together, SZ. Post some collections!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I guess Yang Li won't be showing men's looks on the runway anymore? ever since he started a showroom for a men's collection. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I think a good think to do would be to have a few people who are designated to post collections. I think having 3 or 4 persons on the forum who are vested with this responsibility will be a very good thing

I would, but you already know its not a good thing for me to do it. I have two people I would recommend, I will PM you on that.....
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• timm3h
                              • Mar 2011

Really excited for Anrealage on the 29th, very interested in what new visual tricks Morinaga has up his sleeve!

15SS

15AW
                              Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                                • May 2014

i'll post the jacquemus after the show... it gets more interesting tomorrow...anyone in Paris to witness?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎