X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Any opinions on Thom Krom? Some pieces look quite bro-isa and there are some references that seem to be too literal. It says on their website that their clothes are meant to bee essentials. So – any experiences, are they good? Well-made?
    Got a couple sweaters from them, i would say they are fair for the price.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Why can't this guy just lay off this whole design thing and go back to being a buyer. Brioni did not work and I doubt this will be a fruitful adventure either.

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

This is not so much of a fashion question, but after seeing Rick’s recent SS runway show I’ve noticed that the melody in the chorus of "I Need A Freak" (e.g. 1:04 - 1:07) is used by The Black Eyed Peas in "My Humps" during the "she’s got me spending" part (e.g. 1:10 - 1:14).

Listen for yourselves:

I need a freak at 1:03

My Humps at 1:10
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

This is not so much of a fashion question, but after seeing Rick’s recent SS runway show I’ve noticed that the melody in the chorus of "I Need A Freak" (e.g. 1:04 - 1:07) is used by The Black Eyed Peas in "My Humps" during the "she’s got me spending" part (e.g. 1:10 - 1:14).
          This production method is often called "grooverobbing."

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

Sadness...Maison Martin Margiela co-founder Jenny Meirens has died

Great article earlier this year...

For all of the designer’s enigmatic influence over fashion, one person was by his side the entire time. This is Jenny Meirens’s story.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Lex1017
              • Jul 2015

Antonioli's pictures of the Rick runway boots feature a torn eyelet. Really odd that I caught it, even stranger their photographer didn't catch it. Also bad call on the eyelets perhaps? Hardware of that sort always has me at the ready for a tear through (unfortunately).

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

a sad day, and an interesting development, Overall at the moment it does not seem to be a good time in fashion at all
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                    a sad day, and an interesting development, Overall at the moment it does not seem to be a good time in fashion at all
                    I doubt it’s because of financial reasons, the store is always packed with tourists who buy perfumes, books and small stuff – I’ve always thought that’s what kept them in business. Does anyone have more information on this?
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                      • May 2017

I doubt it’s because of financial reasons, the store is always packed with tourists who buy perfumes, books and small stuff – I’ve always thought that’s what kept them in business. Does anyone have more information on this?
                      Colette Rosseaux is retiring. Apparently they are closing because without her it's not the same. Not sure if I believe that tho

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I am shocked that they simply don't sell it. I foresee a Dover Street Market in Paris's near future.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gawkrodger
                          • Jun 2013

I've always been amazed that a Paris DSM doesn't already exist

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

I think the closest is the Comme des Garcons trading museum.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
                              I've always been amazed that a Paris DSM doesn't already exist
                              I am not surprised. Paris has historically been super conservative, and it's also not easy to find real estate for a department store, even a small one like DSM. I do think it's ripe for a DSM though, even just with the amount of Asian tourists that come to Paris. CDG Trading Museum is too far out of the way, I think to be on most people's radar.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nvsnli
                                • Mar 2013

Saw pre order stuff from 11 by BBS in singolare.org
                                I wonder does Boris even care anymore, so bad so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎