• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

random fashion thoughts

Thought it might be a good repository for random fashion thoughts and topics that don't deserve their own thread.

Zippers. IMO, many brands kill themselves with shit zippers. Just looked at an otherwise great odyn vovk jacket but the zipper sucks. I feel the same about julius. CCP, Rick and BBS use zippers I deem substantial and don't cheapen the look, why can't everyone?
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Yea, Faust and I just noticed the same when we were both having trouble closing our Julius jackets...
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

^oh no, you've gone to the dark side? Just posted about rick btw. Dunno if you feel the same but I find the current collection too elegant and antiseptic. Grooving on BBS lately.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

For the record, I don't think the Julius zippers are cheap, but those double zippers are always hard to finnagle, that's for sure.

Yep, another zipper discussion.

Anyway, why don't all designers make trapezoid shaped scarves? They drape and turn so nicely. Faliero Sarti and Schneider got the script right long ago, what about the others?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

^true, sarti and schneider do it right. btw, trying to decide between l&f and guidi edition of mag

In general, these would be my biggest gripes in general:

not large enough drops in suits

shit zippers

no love for big foots

still cannot find the perfect pants, but the bbs 3m taped pants come pretty close

torso length, i have a long torso so it's go real long like rick or expose my navel in MMM and other brands

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

85% of my wardrobe restricts my shoulders to the point of near immobility. went thru drive thru to get coffee the other day and had to take off my jacket to reach out and get it.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

^same here. have shoulders taken out on everything, took off blazer to use drive thru atm

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

BBS has some hard to handle double zippers as well. When a girl sitting on a couch in a bar wanted to help me with the zipper on my coat all the people behind me were laughing because it looked like a blowjob.

Some random thoughts here:

Silent should be more expensive than the mainline.

Starting to like MA+.

And a fast fashion thought: Don't women in cheap high heels ask for the attention of just women in cheap high heels and men who like women in cheap high heels? Sorry, I came too close to a newly opened shopping center in my town...

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Anyway, why don't all designers make trapezoid shaped scarves? They drape and turn so nicely. Faliero Sarti and Schneider got the script right long ago, what about the others?
                  Food for thought:

more in terms of the way they're folded and draped than worn, unless you're a more daring man than I am.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

my wife has some erudite things to say about fashion. for instance, when lamenting selling my oiled calf intarsia for another leather she said "no one gives a fuck what stupid leather you have. they all look the same"

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                      Silent should be more expensive than the mainline.
                      you lost me here

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        my wife has some erudite things to say about fashion. for instance, when lamenting selling my oiled calf intarsia for another leather she said "no one gives a fuck what stupid leather you have. they all look the same"
                        She's right. My parents think the same. Bought my mum a Rick jacket and offered to buy her another one from this season and she just had a puzzled look on her face.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

Yes, offered to buy my wife a new winter coat, she says she bought one 3 years ago. Can't relate.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                            Signature material.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                              you lost me here
                              I just don't like the mainline anymore as I used to. At least silent has some coherence. The cold dyed pieces are great and one third of the price of BBS cold dyed pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎