X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    So Parklands moved again – has anyone been to their new location yet?
    They also stopped carrying Rick Owens.
    Ist's not here?

Lindower Strasse 22
    2nd Floor, Hinterhaus

Honestly not sure if it will be worth your travels. Been to their previous location and thought the location was nice, but other than that nothing special.

Comment

• goldsamxo
      • Jan 2017

Has anyone else went from 100% to 1% in buying? When I got into ~avant-garde~ I made sure to pick up ANYTHING my budget could allow (from the designers I wear; Julius / Rick / etc.) but now I pretty much buy nothing, unless it's something I find myself lusting over. Even if it's cheap, I find myself only buying when I see a pair of Gasmask pants that fit me well, or a 'perfect' winter coat.
      I feel like this is growing up.. right?
      Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
      Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Lex1017
        • Jul 2015

I don't know if its growing up. Maybe. I am in the same boat though. I also am trying to spend less (nothing) on clothes and invest in myself/future more. Have been wearing the same trousers and denim jacket for a while now. Swap out the shoes but thats about it.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

It’s just being smarter/more responsible about buying. Too many possessions clutter up the mind. Why would you buy something you don’t need?
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
            Has anyone else went from 100% to 1% in buying? When I got into ~avant-garde~ I made sure to pick up ANYTHING my budget could allow (from the designers I wear; Julius / Rick / etc.) but now I pretty much buy nothing, unless it's something I find myself lusting over. Even if it's cheap, I find myself only buying when I see a pair of Gasmask pants that fit me well, or a 'perfect' winter coat.
            I feel like this is growing up.. right?
            Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
            I don't know if its growing up. Maybe. I am in the same boat though. I also am trying to spend less (nothing) on clothes and invest in myself/future more. Have been wearing the same trousers and denim jacket for a while now. Swap out the shoes but thats about it.
            Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
            It’s just being smarter/more responsible about buying. Too many possessions clutter up the mind. Why would you buy something you don’t need?
            It's partly what Nickfudge says. I don't think it's about the age (I mean, goldsamxo, you shouldn't be talking about age here ;-)) but more about a) satiation principle and b) personal priorities. I've been buying much less clothes and channeling more into savings and home improvement. I am pretty much done with my apartment, so that's about to stop. I think I will spend more on travel and my daughter.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goldsamxo
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              It's partly what Nickfudge says. I don't think it's about the age (I mean, goldsamxo, you shouldn't be talking about age here ;-)) but more about a) satiation principle and b) personal priorities. I've been buying much less clothes and channeling more into savings and home improvement. I am pretty much done with my apartment, so that's about to stop. I think I will spend more on travel and my daughter.
              You & Nick are both right Faust! I guess, being away from home now in collage was a big deciding factor. I didn't want to be like all the others kids I'm surrounded by (your favorite groups of hype beasts) so I don't have my parents send me any money, and I still live off my UNIQLO paychecks until I get a job. I really spend money now on books / food when I decide to venture out. I guess my spending habits have decreased since I'm more ~independent now. It's neat though, I'm glad I don't have the violent reactions to wanting to buy every piece of Julius_7 known to man.
              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Add the fact that nearly nothing has been exciting for the last 3-4 seasons (at least for me) and you get the whole picture.
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  Add the fact that nearly nothing has been exciting for the last 3-4 seasons (at least for me) and you get the whole picture.
                  I think while the runway has been rather lackluster, the smaller brands have been quietly doing a very good job. Even the ones we don't normally think of quickly changing have put out stellar work - m.a.+. forme, GBS, Indi Sent. Undercover and TheSoloist has done some really great stuff. Yang Li's last collection (that's coming in stores for FW) was great. Though I agree that this season has been a snooze - I went to Tokyo and bought exactly nothing - went to Yohji, CDG, Soloist, Undercover, Isetan, and DSM. So, yeah...
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I think while the runway has been rather lackluster, the smaller brands have been quietly doing a very good job. Even the ones we don't normally think of quickly changing have put out stellar work - m.a.+. forme, GBS, Indi Sent. Undercover and TheSoloist has done some really great stuff. Yang Li's last collection (that's coming in stores for FW) was great. Though I agree that this season has been a snooze - I went to Tokyo and bought exactly nothing - went to Yohji, CDG, Soloist, Undercover, Isetan, and DSM. So, yeah...
                    Its expensive here, I have not bought anything here in two years
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• blackdeath
                      • Apr 2016

i completely agree with you. forme has been carving out a steady place for themselves. When i go shopping now i mostly frequent places that i know will carry forme, ma+, indiSent (harder in nyc), LEB, uma wang, and a very few other brands. that list basically sums up all of the purchases i've made in the past year sans an out of season pair of AD leather pants.
                      i havent been to the rick store in over a year and it was just to visit the new location.
                      i dont even know if the bbs store is still there, albeit i found their sales staff to be lovely.
                      while i have been very interested in the stories designers are putting on the runway, the clothes have been too much sameness and not enough design.

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Only thing I know is that fashion bores me to death nowadays. I would rather treat myself with a trip, a nice cigar, a single malt or a bunch of old vinyls.
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                          • May 2017

Something that bothers me is that peole assign quality to things based on their price. Someone might see two coats of the same construction and quality, one for 2000$ and one for 900$ and will immediately assume that the more expensive is "better" (what ever that means). Not only that though, a lot of people who have huge amounts of disposable income will rather buy the more expensive product because they think it has to be "better" and out of some weird self-approval. This is especially misguided when taking into account brands like Givenchy or Gucci who sell printed sweatshirts with insane markups. A lot of people see a 1000$ Gucci hoodie and assume that it is the "best" product.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Erich Fromm View Post
                            Something that bothers me is that peole assign quality to things based on their price. Someone might see two coats of the same construction and quality, one for 2000$ and one for 900$ and will immediately assume that the more expensive is "better" (what ever that means). Not only that though, a lot of people who have huge amounts of disposable income will rather buy the more expensive product because they think it has to be "better" and out of some weird self-approval. This is especially misguided when taking into account brands like Givenchy or Gucci who sell printed sweatshirts with insane markups. A lot of people see a 1000$ Gucci hoodie and assume that it is the "best" product.
                            something that bothers me is when people spam this forum with random opinions, value is subjective. What others perceive as value may not be the same, but for you to assume, that they assume is just just as dumb as what you think they are doing. Do you think that Jogu from this forum makes uneducated purchases? what is better for me is not better for you, stop judging people, there are people in this forum who like and wear gucci. you post 4 times a day and half of the time its just unnecessary ranting, for what?
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• negroygris
                              • Aug 2013

I have to agree with TriggerDiscipline here your opinion is bias, make contributions that actually are good. In my opinion what Alessandro Michele is doing with Gucci is far much more superior in aesthetic, direction and quality control than what a lot of our favourite current avantgarde designers are releasing. As far as me, I have learned to appreciate the work of those designers, whom indeed story tell through clothes and there is a deeper meaning behind each garment which takes time to understand. IF you want to understand Michele's work you should definitely do your homework.
                              We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                                • May 2017

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                                something that bothers me is when people spam this forum with random opinions, value is subjective. What others perceive as value may not be the same, but for you to assume, that they assume is just just as dumb as what you think they are doing. Do you think that Jogu from this forum makes uneducated purchases? what is better for me is not better for you, stop judging people, there are people in this forum who like and wear gucci. you post 4 times a day and half of the time its just unnecessary ranting, for what?
                                You misunderstand me. I'm criticizing that a lot of people do make uneducated purchases and immediately assume that something is better only because of the price. I dont mind what other people buy. Im just saying that its weird to define value solely based on price.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎