Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Actually debating on getting this sweater, but I can't un-see this (which is actually a plus for me).
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Lex1017
      • Jul 2015

This jacket was sitting at my local Marshalls for $720CA. Is this a new thing?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
        This jacket was sitting at my local Marshalls for $720CA. Is this a new thing?
        https://www.farfetch.com/ca/shopping...-11567064.aspx
        Still one of my favorite jackets on a woman though. At 720 quite a steal.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Kering put out their numbers today, it's mind-boggling how much Gucci and Saint-Laurent are growing. It was strange not to see them disclose concrete figures for Balenciaga.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            It was strange not to see them disclose concrete figures for Balenciaga.
            Why do you think was that?
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
              Why do you think was that?
              Well, usually because they are not so stellar? I mean, why else, why would you not brag? But it does seem that Balenciaga is doing well. I see that garbage all over the place.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

I recently listed a Gucci item on Grailed, and it's like a different world from my previous Grailed experience in both buying and selling more obscure brands. My experience had been mainly pleasant with communicative and polite people who were obviously keenly interested in clothing with an artisanal slant. Gucci opened up a whole new world of people raised in barns with a bizarre sense of entitlement and empty bravado. One guy told me that the item must be fake because the price was too low. I doubled the price for him and asked him if he preferred the new price. It has been a non-stop shit show. I must have blocked five people this week after they went on tirades when I chose not to accept their laughable offers. I have accepted three offers and then the people making the offers disappeared. It's a new adventure every time I check my messages. Don't sell Gucci on Grailed.

Comment

• ian+
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                  I recently listed a Gucci item on Grailed, and it's like a different world from my previous Grailed experience in both buying and selling more obscure brands. My experience had been mainly pleasant with communicative and polite people who were obviously keenly interested in clothing with an artisanal slant. Gucci opened up a whole new world of people raised in barns with a bizarre sense of entitlement and empty bravado. One guy told me that the item must be fake because the price was too low. I doubled the price for him and asked him if he preferred the new price. It has been a non-stop shit show. I must have blocked five people this week after they went on tirades when I chose not to accept their laughable offers. I have accepted three offers and then the people making the offers disappeared. It's a new adventure every time I check my messages. Don't sell Gucci on Grailed.
                  I second this. Selling pieces from SZ related designers has always been a pleasant experience for me, potential buyers actually respect the garment they are about to buy and the only questions I get is about sizing. On the contrary when trying to sell something else you encounter a different breed of users where flaking, low-balling and lack of respect is the normal. A total waste of time and effort.
                  ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

One guy told me that the item must be fake because the price was too low. I doubled the price for him and asked him if he preferred the new price.
                    Well played, sir – I LOL’d.
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      Well played, sir – I LOL’d.
                      Yeah, this is hilarious -- I'd do the same.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                        • Aug 2014

It's a new adventure every time I check my messages. Don't sell Gucci on Grailed.
                        That's because you're not Grailing right!

1. Find your nearest Century 21 or similar discounter for rock bottom prices.
                        2. Acquired discontinued styles in XXS or XXL(either Gothninja or hypebeast designers...Nothing in-between)
                        3. Post on grailed at 500% markup minimum. Marking garment as "rare" and "one of a kind" is a plus.
                        4. Bump for 3 months while lowering the price drastically before jacking it up once it gets enough hearts.
                        5. ...
                        6. Profit!

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                          I second this. Selling pieces from SZ related designers has always been a pleasant experience for me, potential buyers actually respect the garment they are about to buy and the only questions I get is about sizing. On the contrary when trying to sell something else you encounter a different breed of users where flaking, low-balling and lack of respect is the normal. A total waste of time and effort.
                          I've never made an offer on Grailed, I've only ever bought at the asking price after contacting the seller. I guess I'm used to prices in our Classifieds before Grailed, but I find Grailed prices are usually reasonable for what I'm looking at (designers popular here like you said). For me, when I buy the selling price is the selling price. If it's outrageous for the piece I don't bother contacting the seller because they're either delusional or playing the "send offers" game which I've no time for.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• 13we2
                            • Sep 2015

Sounds pretty cool attitude but you are missing the fun of it. What about the piece you've been looking for ages? Got no time to have a piece you really love either? Sounds like I were to tell my buddies, you know, I'm a cool dude, girls are easy for me, I just ask them once, if they say yes then it's yes, or else I don't bother to waste time on any of them.

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                              Sounds pretty cool attitude but you are missing the fun of it. What about the piece you've been looking for ages? Got no time to have a piece you really love either? Sounds like I were to tell my buddies, you know, I'm a cool dude, girls are easy for me, I just ask them once, if they say yes then it's yes, or else I don't bother to waste time on any of them.
                              Those two are not remotely comparable.

There's a Saint Laurent jacket listed for $100,000. The seller wants "reasonable offers." He also has a couple jackets in the $30,000 range for the poor man. That's a game I'm not willing to play no matter how much I want a piece.
                              Last edited by Sombre; 11-12-2017, 05:31 PM.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• nyarkies
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Sombre View Post
                                Those two are not remotely comparable.

There's a Saint Laurent jacket listed for $100,000. The seller wants "reasonable offers." He also has a couple jackets in the $30,000 range for the poor man. That's a game I'm not willing to play no matter how much I want a piece.
                                I know which seller you're talking about. Delusional is definitely the first description that came to mind when I saw all the listings. What's also bad is the spreading of false information stating items supposedly not produced anymore and some people are dumb enough to fall for it and use the same false information on their listings as well. Of course gotta hype It. It doesn't take too much research or asking around to know it's incorrect.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎