• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

ok? who here doesn't know that?
    who are you talking to
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
      • May 2017

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
      I have to agree with TriggerDiscipline here your opinion is bias, make contributions that actually are good. In my opinion what Alessandro Michele is doing with Gucci is far much more superior in aesthetic, direction and quality control than what a lot of our favourite current avantgarde designers are releasing. As far as me, I have learned to appreciate the work of those designers, whom indeed story tell through clothes and there is a deeper meaning behind each garment which takes time to understand. IF you want to understand Michele's work you should definitely do your homework.
      I'm not criticizing his work. I'm saying that some people immediately assume work, whether that is BBS or Gucci does not matter, is good because of price, without making their own judgement. I just picked Gucci and Givenchy because they are brands that are considered luxurious in the public eye.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
        • May 2017

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
        ok? who here doesn't know that?
        who are you talking to

I'm not talking to anybody specific. The thread is called random fashion thoughts.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

wow you sure bested me, great job!

and a back to back post to boot!
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
            • May 2017

When did this turn into a fight?

what do you mean by this?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

you've posted 60 times in fourteen days, think about this for a second, and please do not respond to this post.

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

There can be a lot of dynamics at play when humans shop. Some shop out of need and look for deals. Some shop for leisure and buy what they want with little interest in price. Some like brand synergy in their closet. Some like diversity. Some shop because they have a crush on a particular designer. Some shop because they are trying to impress. Some shop because they want to blend into the social framework of their environment. You could write a academic dissertation on this stuff.

We live in a world of fast fashion. The overwhelming majority of it is garbage regardless of brand or price, crappy fabrics with crappy construction/tailoring and designed to be obsolete in a few months. My particular shopping dynamic is to look for quality and a skilled human hand. These criteria usually come coupled with a weighty price tag. I'm okay with that, and I'm not asking, nor expecting, you to be okay with it. You do you. It's usually a waste of time assigning a value judgement to the activities of others. If no one is breaking laws or getting hurt, get on with it.

Comment

• blackdeath
                  • Apr 2016

my aesthetic isnt shifting persay just changing itself a bit. i find as i've got older i find head to toe same designer looks to be a bit contrived. i would wear rick head to toe religiously a few years ago and developed a uniform. i guess with all uniforms you tend to drift a bit if you find yourself separating from the designers ethos. i think consistency is why comme and yohji have found life long customers unlike many in fashion. I cant think of another designer that has developed a "life long" customer base. i find myself wearing the same ann leather pants, same guidis, and a black metal shirt and feeling at home. it's merging my early youth with my adult hood. I think it's what i was lacking and why i clung to a uniform, i didnt feel like "whole" because of a notion that if it wasnt from designer a,b,c then i wouldnt want to wear it. I guess with age comes relaxation into your true self.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

something that bothers me is when people spam this forum with random opinions, value is subjective. What others perceive as value may not be the same, but for you to assume, that they assume is just just as dumb as what you think they are doing. Do you think that Jogu from this forum makes uneducated purchases? what is better for me is not better for you, stop judging people, there are people in this forum who like and wear gucci. you post 4 times a day and half of the time its just unnecessary ranting, for what?
                    Dude is 18, trying to find his bearings, and has posted more stimulating thoughts than most. Sure, some of his questions/observations are naive and/or simplistic or obvious, but he's 18. Give him a break. We lament that young people are stupid or lazy and don't want to be engaged and then we ostracize them for being engaged? Do you need to be so abrasive?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Dude is 18, trying to find his bearings, and has posted more stimulating thoughts than most. Sure, some of his questions/observations are naive and/or simplistic or obvious, but he's 18. Give him a break. We lament that young people are stupid or lazy and don't want to be engaged and then we ostracize them for being engaged? Do you need to be so abrasive?
                      No one else had a problem when I told samgold the same thing about incessant spam posting. This forum, has never been a fast one, maybe I am stuck back in the day when speed posting was very much discouraged but I just do not think our 18 year old buddy here, has truly spent the time lurking enough, just as you used to put it in the past, but if you do not care about speed-posting anymore then sure why not. I have no authority here I am just some guy who comes to post every once in a while. You are interpreting me to be abrasive but when you had to go through similar commentary or someone else you knew had to, you cant expect me to sit idly while someone posts 5 times a day about nonsense. I might be the vocal minority but I am sure others were thinking the same thing. Age is irrelevant in my opinion.

Comment

• RK1
                        • May 2013

Way to be an asshole - how about telling him to think more about his posts in a nice way?
                        Looking through your own post history it's kinda ironic actually..

Comment

• ihsniim
                          • Sep 2015

I was surprised, actually, by the response Triggerdisc got from Faust, considering that in the past, there have been cases of much ruder/harsher treatment of others, which people seemed to be 100% okay with. Not taking a side, but just pointing that out.

Honestly though, the overall feel of the forum is a bit abrasive, and I wouldn't doubt that it intimidate/scares newer members from posting. 2017 new direction change?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

No one else had a problem when I told samgold the same thing about incessant spam posting. This forum, has never been a fast one, maybe I am stuck back in the day when speed posting was very much discouraged but I just do not think our 18 year old buddy here, has truly spent the time lurking enough, just as you used to put it in the past, but if you do not care about speed-posting anymore then sure why not. I have no authority here I am just some guy who comes to post every once in a while. You are interpreting me to be abrasive but when you had to go through similar commentary or someone else you knew had to, you cant expect me to sit idly while someone posts 5 times a day about nonsense. I might be the vocal minority but I am sure others were thinking the same thing. Age is irrelevant in my opinion.
                            Speed posting is stuff like "I like this!" or "Nice collection!" His posts are genuine thoughts and questions.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nvsnli
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
                              Has anyone else went from 100% to 1% in buying? When I got into ~avant-garde~ I made sure to pick up ANYTHING my budget could allow (from the designers I wear; Julius / Rick / etc.) but now I pretty much buy nothing, unless it's something I find myself lusting over. Even if it's cheap, I find myself only buying when I see a pair of Gasmask pants that fit me well, or a 'perfect' winter coat.
                              I feel like this is growing up.. right?
                              I feel you man. For me its more about i cant find the products that i want. I have found out the hard way not to buy everything, just the things you actually want.
                              If the item that i want is 1000€ but i will use it is cheaper than the replacement that i got for 500€ that i wont use.

Im more of BBS guy myself but have found myself lounging away in my Prisoners and jumbo sweater.
                              I am not really into anything extravagant looking items either, i like the basic black simple items that are in staples in most collections.

Now i just need OG Dunks and a proper leather that i like and P11's. Then i am set for a long time.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

Any opinions on Thom Krom? Some pieces look quite bro-isa and there are some references that seem to be too literal. It says on their website that their clothes are meant to bee essentials. So – any experiences, are they good? Well-made?
                                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎