Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Finally saw the RO low geothrashers on someone in person and I can understand the appeal now. Anyone own a pair?Thoughts on quality (durability specifically) in comparison to ramones, etc?
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by eleves View Post
      Finally saw the RO low geothrashers on someone in person and I can understand the appeal now. Anyone own a pair?Thoughts on quality (durability specifically) in comparison to ramones, etc?
      I've got two pairs (both bought at 50% discounts), same colorway, because I'm unsure how long production will last as they don't seem to be getting a lot of love... I'm mildly flatfooted and I find them quite comfortable. The leather's not the softest, as you may notice, but I find the hand pleasant enough. I was looking for some lowtop sneakers that weren't so 'loud,' as the case can be with the normal chunky sole on Ramones, etc., and these fit the bill for me. I actually find the construction to be superior to Ramones, as there isn't a captoe that lends to the sole's stitching becoming undone at the stress points.
      who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Lex1017
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
        I've got two pairs (both bought at 50% discounts), same colorway, because I'm unsure how long production will last as they don't seem to be getting a lot of love... I'm mildly flatfooted and I find them quite comfortable. The leather's not the softest, as you may notice, but I find the hand pleasant enough. I was looking for some lowtop sneakers that weren't so 'loud,' as the case can be with the normal chunky sole on Ramones, etc., and these fit the bill for me. I actually find the construction to be superior to Ramones, as there isn't a captoe that lends to the sole's stitching becoming undone at the stress points.
        I have Mastosneaks and I love them as well. The sole does come unglued at the stress points like most vulcanized shoes, but it doesn't bother me. They are kind of a go to at this point. Going to try and get a couple more pairs as well before they go out.

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Thanks for the input, dream and lex! I'll see if I can find a major discount now too haha
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• dddr
            • Jan 2008

So dries' been acquired. can't say i saw that coming, surely over the years he's got numerous offers, wonder why the decision was taken now. is the business not doing so well financially or is he simply looking to expand? a new perfume line on the way perhaps? any insights?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dddr View Post
              So dries' been acquired. can't say i saw that coming, surely over the years he's got numerous offers, wonder why the decision was taken now. is the business not doing so well financially or is he simply looking to expand? a new perfume line on the way perhaps? any insights?
              Retirement time. Why not? He's done so much. He deserves it. The business is healthy.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jeroenr
                • May 2016

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                Yeah, i have one pair. I like them. Not too loud. Just easy for summer. I paid 220 euro#s for them. New from a store out of Spain. For that price, i just had to pick them up.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Let me be the first one to say this: I really like Rick’s SS19 BABEL.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Sufi
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by dddr View Post
                    He's made it known atleast among his staff that he will be retiring at some point. However; I'm surprised he sold his company to Puig, they're known to destroy fashion brands (Gaultier, Nina Ricci).

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

So it seems like Andreas Murkudis in Berlin will be closing their doors. Just got an e-mail with "We’re closing …" in the subject line and "70% off" as the only text. Unless this is some kind of clickbait-y PR stunt I’m a little sad about this. While they may not have carried a lot of labels I’d actually buy (oh the irony) I’ve always had a good time there.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mmsix
                        • Sep 2016

Haven't heard anyting about it yet. But this would be a bummer for sure, one of my favourite stores around.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Turns out it was just misfortunate wording on their part. They’re closing the store from August 4th until August 28 in order to do some refurbishing. And they’re having a big sale (70%) because of that.
                          Last edited by Nickefuge; 07-14-2018, 08:10 AM.
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

FFS...there is even fake Werkstatt now appareantly? I mean you probably can tell by the fact that it is not real silver, but I feel like you can't buy anything second hand anymore without the high risk of being scammed.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

Inspired by the current OpEd thread I want to offer an unpopular opinion:
                              BBS looks like the bro-version of someone who can’t decide between Rick and CCP.
                              I wonder if someone agrees, seeing as most of the SZ users like his stuff very much.
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• supercilious
                                • Apr 2014

Does yohji's shift to online commerce affect his status as a luxury company? albeit, ideological luxury

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎