Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

It's skater owned and they make skate-specific shoes, I think that's about as skate company as you can ask for these days for footwear. All of the companies that make skate shoes are making casual stuff now too just to stay in business. But yeah, I'd never buy them anyways, it's just that the video gave me a "derivative" moment.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Lex1017
      • Jul 2015

Well, I would say SOME skate specific shoes. Supra has also cut 90 percent of their riders in the last few years. Skater owner doesn't mean shit to me the way it used to. Look at Girl and Chocolate. A powerhouse once, now is dying. Unfortunately skaters only get provided with proper compensation through the athletic shoe brands now a days, not to mention a superior product. On a side note, I am pretty sure I have seen Mu$ka (common guys) skating in pods before.

Comment

• applecrisp
        • Jun 2013

I would go so far as to say Muska was probably wearing pods before many people (even people on this website) had any idea who Rick Owens is...

And yes, even though Supra has a skate team (Greco is one of the greatest legends who is still working hard) they have always been more streetwear oriented, which, as hinted at in the post above, was probably a smart move on their part, at least in theory.

Who's the skater owned "fashion" sneaker company? I forget...

Edit: Here he is building some sort of conceptual skatepark in Rick http://thehundreds.com/blog/chad-muska-transitions/

In 2013
        Last edited by applecrisp; 03-22-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Lex1017
          • Jul 2015

I am not sure if you were actually inquiring but Canadian legend and ex girl pro Tony Ferguson started a Henderscheme-esque brand called Rone, not sure of any others.

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
            Edit: Here he is building some sort of conceptual skatepark in Rick http://thehundreds.com/blog/chad-muska-transitions/
            In 2013
            Technically, that's not Rick, but it still beats 99% of the pristine Rick fits out there nowadays.

Comment

• applecrisp
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
              I am not sure if you were actually inquiring but Canadian legend and ex girl pro Tony Ferguson started a Henderscheme-esque brand called Rone, not sure of any others.
              Yep, that's the one!

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
              Technically, that's not Rick, but it still beats 99% of the pristine Rick fits out there nowadays.
              OK, so we're calling DRKSHDW "technically not Rick..."?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

I've never seen DRKSDHW drawstrings that wide? Not to turn this into a legit check or anything.

Comment

• applecrisp
                  • Jun 2013

Not to turn this into a legit check or anything.
                  You can see the logos on the tank. I don't know about the pants...but he owns a shoe company, I wouldn't put it past him to use his own laces...

Comment

• Lex1017
                    • Jul 2015

Ya those drawstrings are way too wide. This was the video I was referring too (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YrIgegwjFk&t=200s). Even those don't have drawstrings but they reminded me of basket swingers. Maybe the bomber? IS CHADILLAC MUSKALADE A FRAUD!?!??!?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

^lol @ youtube comment:

Iddris Sandu2 years ago
                      What pants is he wearing?

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
                      You can see the logos on the tank. I don't know about the pants...but he owns a shoe company, I wouldn't put it past him to use his own laces...
                      Ooh damn, good eye, I didn't catch that. I'm sold, next pair of shoes will be Vaiderbaskets.

Comment

• tanel
                        • Nov 2015

It's skater owned and they make skate-specific shoes, I think that's about as skate company as you can ask for these days for footwear.
                        not skater owned, Supra was bought up by K-Swiss in summer 15. it only went downhill from there

Comment

• goldsamxo
                          • Jan 2017

Old Supra used to be amazing. When I was in 7th grade & started skating again, I begged my mom for a pale of the ugliest Supra High-tops in this nasty gray. I thought they were the coolest things ever. For the price - they're terrible skate shoes, but I got them on sale for like 40$ and wow the comfort in them was incredible. Great board feel and very 'stylish'. But that was also years ago, so I can't imagine how badly they went downhill in the skateboarding checklist of things to be acceptable to skate in.
                          Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                          Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• timm3h
                            • Mar 2011

If anyone is interested I posted some pictures from the Takahiro Miyashita pop-up in his thread.
                            Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

So Darklands moved again – has anyone been to their new location yet?
                              They also stopped carrying Rick Owens.
                              Last edited by Nickefuge; 05-15-2017, 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                So Parklands moved again – has anyone been to their new location yet?
                                They also stopped carrying Rick Owens.
                                Fartlands needs to keep the rent low so they can maximize profits from the warehouse masquerading as a shop.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎