Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stagename
    • Oct 2011

Anybody knows when "glunge" was first associated with/coined by Rick Owens?

Comment

• NOHSAD
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by stagename View Post
      By Glunge you mean Glamour/Grunge? While i don't know the specifics, an article i read about Owens a long time ago stated he was associate with that term due to his early work (mainly when he was starting out) for his use of giving delicate fabrics a "rough" look (such as taking silk and boiling it, which apparently was unheard of/experimental at the time). Anyone else can feel free to elaborate if they know more.
      Last edited by NOHSAD; 10-05-2016, 04:32 PM.
      "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stagename View Post
        I believe he first mentioned the term to John Colapinto in the New Yorker profile (2008?). At least that's the earliest I remember it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Belcher
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          Food for thought:

more in terms of the way they're folded and draped than worn, unless you're a more daring man than I am.
          I could not understand that why this user has been banned.
          Last edited by Belcher; 10-08-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Most elaborated bot so far...!
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I believe he first mentioned the term to John Colapinto in the New Yorker profile (2008?). At least that's the earliest I remember it.
              Thanks! I found a description from Pittisomethingsomething using it in 2006 so I was wondering... I had the New Yorker Monsters article in mind as well.

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

Consuelo Castiglioni is leaving Marni.
                This is really sad. I loved her clothes even if they were a bit too much for me at times.
                Of course I'll wait and see what whoever takes over from her does but I guess the pool of designers to buy from just got smaller for me again.
                On the other hand I actually might buy something from Mr. Owens again after a long time. The SS 17 collection gets more gorgeous to me every time I look at it.
                lavender menace

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Just read this too, very sad! Been a big fan of Marni even though it's not always my style.

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                  Consuelo Castiglioni is leaving Marni.
                  This is really sad. I loved her clothes even if they were a bit too much for me at times.
                  Of course I'll wait and see what whoever takes over from her does but I guess the pool of designers to buy from just got smaller for me again.
                  On the other hand I actually might buy something from Mr. Owens again after a long time. The SS 17 collection gets more gorgeous to me every time I look at it.
                  music

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Same here. I suppose times change. I am looking forward to embellished sweatshirts and ironic slogans.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Comme x Met, just found out about this, sounds like fun.

Edit: ewwwww

So next May she will be at the top of the Met stairs right next to Ms. Kawakubo to welcome guests to the gala celebrating the exhibition, alongside Pharrell Williams and Katy Perry, the celebrity hosts. They were chosen because Mr. Williams collaborated with Comme des Garçons on a perfume called Girl in 2014, and because … well, Ms. Perry is known for taking risks with her clothing.

I should have put this in the wtf thread in retrospect.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• timdd
                        • Oct 2016

Hi guys,

I just bought 2 rick owens jackets (the DU15F5757 / BBGQ)from 2 different websites and the 2 jackets are not exactly the same... Why? Anyone has an idea ?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                          Comme x Met, just found out about this, sounds like fun.

Edit: ewwwww

So next May she will be at the top of the Met stairs right next to Ms. Kawakubo to welcome guests to the gala celebrating the exhibition, alongside Pharrell Williams and Katy Perry, the celebrity hosts. They were chosen because Mr. Williams collaborated with Comme des Garçons on a perfume called Girl in 2014, and because … well, Ms. Perry is known for taking risks with her clothing.

I should have put this in the wtf thread in retrospect.
                          Who gives a shit about the beauty pageant. I am sure the exhibit will be great. I am very excited for it!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wildinthewoods
                            Speaking of the MET, I just watched that documentary "The First Monday in May" about the "China" MET exhibit they had a while ago, and while I normally don't care much about the side of fashion, I really loved seeing the museum techs unpacking all the giant Galliano dresses. I would love to be able to try on a huge Galliano or Westwood or McQueen dress someday, they're just so surreal and absurd. The doc is on Netflix if anyone is interested. The other thing I took away from the documentary, is that the head curator seems like a really interesting person with great taste, I'm sure he will do a fantastic job on a CDG exhibit.
                            I agree about Andrew Bolton, the curator. He is a worthy replacement of the beloved Harold Koda.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

anyone know if mike paradinas frequents this site? he's pretty decked out, cool guy, and great music.

edit: Mike thanks for your sensory contributions to human society.
                              Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 11-09-2016, 12:36 PM.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• vah
                                • Aug 2016

That reminds me - think I saw him at the RO London store earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎