Page 244 of 245 FirstFirst ... 144194234235236237238239240241242243244245 LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 4883

Thread: random fashion thoughts

Maybe a friendly employee can sell you 1/15 of the bottle?
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by stagename View Post
    There are so many ways to look at this that the answer would vary...

forsake wave and sea
    pirates understand no severance
    let it may as be

so i had found my perfect tee and for the last few years i've almost exclusively worn T by Wang "slub" tee, which is made of a mix of viscose and silk. It has a slubby texture (pic here) and drapes super well. It has become increasingly hard to find them in Canada since SSENSE stopped carrying them and if I order via the main site, the cost per tee with customs is pretty prohibitive. They also didn't make black last season so it's a struggle, really ;)

So I'm checking with the hivemind to see whether they know of alternative for a similar style.

Stagename,
    why dont you just proxy a stack?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Yeah, I am surprised you can't just get them from the Want online store, which I assume he has one. There's a Wang boutique in SoHo. But don't ask me! :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yeah, I am surprised you can't just get them from the Want online store, which I assume he has one. There's a Wang boutique in SoHo. But don't ask me! :-)
    Black ones weren't available online for hte last two seasons, and when calculating for customs tees come out at about 140$US a piece if I oreder from the US store and that's getting a bit ridiculous for my taste for that kind of piece. I hadn't thought of a proxy, I might look into this. Thanks for the idea!

thank u rick for the astaires pods, this might be the only drkshdw pants/shorts cut i really need for all my drkshdw fits.

Around which years did Paul Harnden have "Handmade in Wales" on the items? I mostly know about England and now recently Scotland. This has probably been talked about but couldn't find any.

I knew the fashion industry was tough, but damn …
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

It has been a long time since a Rick Owens collection blew me away.
    lavender menace

Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    It has been a long time since a Rick Owens collection blew me away.
    The mens one was good too.

I couldn't agree more, this was truly spectacular. Also, I feel like since Walrus I have appreciated Rick's Womenswear far more than his Menswear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post

I knew the fashion industry was tough, but damn …
    what does this mean
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Hey guys, thanks for ruining my dad joke. :P
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for ruining my dad joke. :P
    I guess but when the prize leads to massive success the 300 euros are just like a plane ticket to get the award (if youre from europe)
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    I guess but when the prize leads to massive success the 300 euros are just like a plane ticket to get the award (if youre from europe)
    It was a dad joke because it was based on a typo, i.e. the award was 100 000 each.

i took the liberty of making new threads for new designers that no one in here is talking about

take a look.

Thank you, Trigger.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I didn't find any thread about youtube tips so i'll post this here. Just spent an hour chuckling along to this guy Bliss Foster, who dedicates his youtube-channel on quite deep level analyzis of fashion, and mostly high fashion, but with a lot of humour in a way that makes him stand out. What I enjoy about him is his pewdiepie'esque for-the-lolz-attitude paired with good insight into the fashion-world. I almost suspect he's on here. Is he?