• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Anton View Post
    Quick read André Leon Talley’s Next Act did anybody watch the movie?
    I’ll wait for it on DVD, as they used to say. I did read that yesterday and couldn’t help but wonder how many people he has fucked over and left on the side of the road in his career?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian_doe
      • Mar 2013

In regards to fashion shows...

I wish that these were more accessible to smaller artisanal brands. However, it seems to me that film allows brands to display their work in a "performance" setting.

As well, it seems like the bigger brands that can afford elaborate shows only do so to make up for decreasing quality in their garments. Not all of them of course (Rick is an exception?), but in my opinion these shows are defdinitely being used as a marketing technique as opposed to a canvas upon which to showcase a concept.

Those are my 2 cents...

Comment

• mmsix
        • Sep 2016

I agree, Julian_Doe.
        For me Fashion Shows are often a tool to generate Instagram-Worthy Pictures though for me nearly every setting and the looks looks cheap through a shaky iPhone-lens.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
          In regards to fashion shows...

I wish that these were more accessible to smaller artisanal brands. However, it seems to me that film allows brands to display their work in a "performance" setting.

As well, it seems like the bigger brands that can afford elaborate shows only do so to make up for decreasing quality in their garments. Not all of them of course (Rick is an exception?), but in my opinion these shows are defdinitely being used as a marketing technique as opposed to a canvas upon which to showcase a concept.

Those are my 2 cents...
          Depends on your point of view on what an elaborate show is.
          You don't have to go very far https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2018/02/...nsform-runway/

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

For the lulz:

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• supercilious
              • Apr 2014

Yes Newp, I’m in the same boat as you in thinking that some of the best shows I’ve seen are put together without Hollywood budgets

If anything my suspicions are that experimental shows don’t translate well into expanding the brand... ie it makes the brand seem inaccessible to the fashion conscious

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

While clearing out my studio I came across a pile of old magazines and just went through my Arena+ Homme from SS03 and damn everything in it is so fresh. Lang, Adrover (?), Chalayan, even some early early Rick, Dior of course. I’m stumped.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  While clearing out my studio I came across a pile of old magazines and just went through my Arena+ Homme from SS03 and damn everything in it is so fresh. Lang, Adrover (?), Chalayan, even some early early Rick, Dior of course. I’m stumped.
                  be glad you were of that time..............it pains now to see the output and how far it has regressed
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Has anyone checked up on Faust?
                    Eugene, are you okay?
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Jeroenr
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      https://www.complex.com/style/2018/0...18-cfda-awards

Eugene, are you okay?
                      Can we get even lower then this?

Comment

• jap808
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jeroenr View Post
                        Can we get even lower then this?
                        Done, already: second classified was Virgil Abloh --->
                        "...beating out fellow nominees Virgil Abloh for Off-White"
                        :D

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          https://www.complex.com/style/2018/0...18-cfda-awards

Eugene, are you okay?
                          I'm pretty fucking far from Ok.

The above line was from Pulp Fiction after Marcellos Wallace gets anally raped.

But in all seriousness, no one takes these awards seriously anymore. James Jebbia least of all, as evidenced by his acceptance speech.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            The good old days when people still took fashion seriously.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              The good old days when people still took fashion seriously.
                              Hype has pummeled substance into the ground.........................integrity is if Zero value in fashion today. it is almost a millstone around ones neck
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                Hype has pummeled substance into the ground.........................integrity is if Zero value in fashion today. it is almost a millstone around ones neck
                                The audience today is the big problem. No one wants to hear this, of course.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎