X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickandjulius
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
    Not that it is my job to educate you on matters like these, but some food for thought

Approximately 1 out of 5 women in the USA will experience rape (in the EU sexual violence is around 1 in 3)

White women currently make around 78% of what their male counterparts earn, black women 64%

Sex discrimination in employment is also still a thing

There are always some right wing nuts around trying to restrict access to abortion facilities ( not to mention the whole 'pro life' movement)

There is a lot more and that is just for the US.

Equality my ass. Seriously, I like this forum, but sometimes it is really frustrating here.

Please read everything on that page. It was written by a woman by the way!!

Comment

• Verdandi
      • Mar 2012

So 'A woman wrote this ' is supposed to mean that this must be the truth?

There are black people who think racism is great and just.

What really makes me angry beyond anything is that The campus rape myth article (or that nice little piece Katie Roiphe wrotw in 1983)is mentioned on every single one of these sides. They never mention the studies rainn conducts (except of course that tidbit where it says that less rape is happening, which is great, but less doesn't mean that there isn't still plenty of it happening. And of course the good old false claim rate that has risen, but they fail to point out that it is still really really low) with data from the CDC and the National Department of Justice ( look up the Full report of Prevalence, Incidences and Consequences of Violence against women).

You know it makes me sick beyond anything that everytime women speak up about issues that are very real and affect our everyday life men come along and dig up counter arguments instead of just listening for once and maybe think about it.

Otherwise there is a great men's rights activist board on reddit, I think you'll find more equal minded folks there.
      lavender menace

Comment

• guardimp
        • Jun 2010

There is a difference between criticism of feminism as a movement and criticism of women's rights as a thing. While feminism, which is what your link targets, is a movement - you are targeting women's rights as an institution. Your link seems to be just as radical as the people it criticizes, what makes one side better than the other? Is equality for all such a hard concept to grasp?

Comment

• rickandjulius
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
          There is a difference between criticism of feminism as a movement and criticism of women's rights as a thing. While feminism, which is what your link targets, is a movement - you are targeting women's rights as an institution. Your link seems to be just as radical as the people it criticizes, what makes one side better than the other? Is equality for all such a hard concept to grasp?
          I posted what i posted because I think we have arrived at equality between genders. Whatever disparity there used to be between genders is gone. (In MY opinion) I'm just trying to add perspective, you don't have to agree with it. I am not part of the Men's Rights Movement or anything of the sort, I just think equality has been achieved and that "fighting for women's rights" in any country that isn't in the Middle East or Africa or Asia is just a publicity stunt.

But ANYWAY. This is Random Fashion Thoughts, not Random Thoughts. I suppose I am to blame for this shitstorm but in any case lets just move on!!!

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by guardimp View Post

Exactly.

I do think that there is a lot wrong with the current 'wave' of feminism. As in dismissing every woman who doesn't claim to be a feminist, violence (be it domestical and/or sexual or otherwise) against boys and men gets pushed aside, which of course does more harm than good.
            Rather strange things like thinking school uniforms are sexist, the ever present 'rape culture' (it seems to be quite easy to blame everything on our culture, just as raping people can't be explained with neuroscientific data alone).But that does not negate that violence against women isn't still an issue that needs a lot of work

Despite that, dismissing that women's rights aren't needed anymore is still flat out wrong
            lavender menace

Comment

• rickandjulius
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
              Despite that, dismissing that women's rights aren't needed anymore is still flat out wrong
              I'm just speaking for the country that I live in. It is still VERY highly needed in places like Syria, Nigeria, etc...

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

don't wanna be a dick but seeing as though ur putting urs in ur butt right now, i would say just stop talking, maybe move out of Alabama, intern somewhere that girls work, maybe get a friend that's a girl in this country or elsewhere, stop posting here and just watch,listen and learn for a few years, when u absorb some relevant info in regards to our society and how we view women and others who aren't white males maybe then u can use SZ as a hobby and talk from a civilized place.

Comment

• apathy!
                  • Jan 2014

christ. What a toilet.

I'm out.

peace

Comment

• rickandjulius
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                    don't wanna be a dick but seeing as though ur putting urs in ur butt right now, i would say just stop talking, maybe move out of Alabama, intern somewhere that girls work, maybe get a friend that's a girl in this country or elsewhere, stop posting here and just watch,listen and learn for a few years, when u absorb some relevant info in regards to our society and how we view women and others who aren't white males maybe then u can use SZ as a hobby and talk from a civilized place.
                    No need to insult me for having a different view point!

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post

I'm just speaking for the country that I live in. It is still VERY highly needed in places like Syria, Nigeria, etc...

I live in the same country, but somehow hadn't realized you were the American Ambassador of Gender Equality. And way down in Alabama, no less. Stay sheltered.

upsilonkng- your opening line above.. God I always love your posts.
                      sain't

Comment

• pilgrim
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        You, apathy, and pilgrim are all shortlisted for the next episode of "Ban Hammer."
                        What? I didn't even say anything.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

No need to insult me for having a different view point!
                          Why not? Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

I posted what i posted because I think we have arrived at equality between genders. Whatever disparity there used to be between genders is gone. (In MY opinion) I'm just trying to add perspective, you don't have to agree with it. I am not part of the Men's Rights Movement or anything of the sort, I just think equality has been achieved and that "fighting for women's rights" in any country that isn't in the Middle East or Africa or Asia is just a publicity stunt.

But ANYWAY. This is Random Fashion Thoughts, not Random Thoughts. I suppose I am to blame for this shitstorm but in any case lets just move on!!!
                            It´s your opinion but it happens to be a wrong one, that´s the thing. No matter what you think woman are still being underpaid for doing the same jobs as men in lots of places and they don´t get the same opportunities. As a men you´re not likely to get groped in public for wearing a tank top and shorts, but lots of women likely suffer that at then hands of creeps who haven´t/won´t evolve(d).

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

because I believe
                              cause of my opinion?
                              because I think
                              (In MY opinion)
                              having a different view point!
                              Err just one little thing... It's not a matter of fucking opinion or belief
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                You, apathy, and pilgrim are all shortlisted for the next episode of "Ban Hammer."
                                What time will this air? Will it *fingers crossed* go into syndication?
                                "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎